Best Samsung galaxy S3 Roms?

1. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

Hey I was looking round the web for a list of good/reliable roms for the Galaxy S3 and can't find a list. Would someone care to give me a complete List of all the International Galaxy S3 roms? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. 3bs

3bs New Member

I've only tried AOKP milestone 6 and Paranoid Android so far and haven't had any problems with either. I prefer AOKP though.

Samsung Galaxy S III/GT-I9300 - XDA-Developers
  3. kezm

kezm Well-Known Member

i would wait for the actual jb roms to be finalized not betas as they are very buggy
    omega 4.04 is ok
  4. matt190191

Thanks guys. I'll wait for the official jellybean update.
  5. Sword Fish

Sword Fish Well-Known Member

I've tried Dragon and Omega and some of the leaked JB's but in my opinion the best ROM is the official one. The others constantly inject instability into my phone and don't last very long. They also don't seem to add any useful functionality that I need. I will wait for the official JB before upgrading again...
  6. rowlers

rowlers Well-Known Member

I've tried, WanamLite, ARHD, CheckROM, DragonICS and always end up back on Omega. It is stock with all (or None) Bloat removed and all the tweaks that I like. Any I don't like are easily removed using Omega files.
    The current version 16 jelly bean is as stable as anything I've used. Odd little bug here and there but its to be expected as it is a beta release.
    As long as you have your nandroid, flash away and find a ROM that you like!
  7. 3bs

3bs New Member

FYI I tried Omega JB today and didn't like it, not that it's not good but because I prefer AOKP. After going back to my AOKP nandroid I noticed my phone wouldn't connect to any wifi network. Tried 2 other ICS ROMs but wifi wouldnt work on any of them even after a factory reset.. I had to flash the ICS version of Omega and now wifi is working again even on my AOKP nandroid.
  8. sartios

sartios New Member

Only tried CyanogenMod 10, Jelly Bean, loving jelly bean, it's so much faster than the stock rom, and slicker, i prefer stock android, and not having touch wiz, there is a few bugs but not enough to go back to the stock rom.

Can't wait for the official update.
  9. Toosploos

Toosploos Well-Known Member

sammer51 and matt190191 like this.
  10. rowlers

Not tried an AOSP ROM yet - like the Samsung motion features (smart stay etc..) I'm sure I will at some point tho...;)
  11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Its just not worth it for me. I love the Sammy features.

AOSP, where its light, is too light. All the software things that put the S3 so far ahead of anything else are stripped away.

Why would I want to make my s3 a quad core GNex?
  12. rowlers

If you read some of the AOSP ROM threads, you need a Stock ICS base before you flash a AOSP ROM - this keep the wifi working;)
  13. WoodenAnts

WoodenAnts Well-Known Member

Personally I have to have JB, even though its not stable. A few apps will malfunction and its not something that will run perfectly everyday, but don't let that scare you. I've tried just about every JB rom out there, and the best so far is Paranoid and Remix's JB variants. At least its the most stable in my opinion. Both have quirks however. Im waiting for a JB rom that is stock JB with heaps of added features (like circleMOD, Battery bar, and MUUUCCHH more, so devs, GET ON IT! PLEASE :D)
    dtanner likes this.
  14. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Nah. Without kernel source, JB isn't worth having. Undervolting is a great battery saver. Not having this is a deal breaker
  15. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

16. matt190191

Thanks for all the Replies everyone! I'll wait for the jellybean update today see what it brings. I'll check out other Roms when I get bored of jellybean.

thanks everyone.
  17. rowlers

I'm just now playing with AOKP Resurrection remix. Is it very very nice, has a lot of feature & tweaks. It deffo more fluid that sammy based ROMS. AND it allows me to have JB and SIYAH!
    Not sure if Ill stay AOKP tho, as I really like the SAMMY ROM features. Undecided so far....
  18. rowlers

19. rowlers

As nice as the ROM is the WIFI does NOT work, even flashing ICS stock rom prior to RR does not fix it. Back to Omega;)
  20. shellbell1471

shellbell1471 Well-Known Member

I'm loving the Resurrection Remix.....I really love this, and my wifi does work on using this. Love the fact you can give your notification dropdown, a back ground! (yes small things amuse me lol):p:p
  21. rowlers

Tried multiple times to get wifi working and have given up.
    I'll stick with sammy roms until, they can sort out the wifi properly;)
  22. preetham7770

preetham7770 New Member

Check ROM v5 is the best so far.. Very smooth, stable & fantastic battery performance..
  23. matt190191

Well if there's one thing I'm gonna need its wifi so I'll be wait until it's fixed before putting it on my S3.
  24. matt190191

What about paranoidAndroid? That rom looks good.