Best screen protector? (anti-glare anti-fingerprint)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. whitenoiz

whitenoiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for anti-glare anti-fingerprint screen protector... (if that exists)
    If not, just the best screen protector...

Would you get crystal clear or anti-fingerprint?
    Also, any idea when they will be back in stock?

Links appreciated :D

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I plan to get an anti-glare, anti-fingerprint as it is annoying constantly wiping my phone screen. I am not sure of the best but I was planning on getting a Seidio one along with a case from them (and eventually home dock and car dock) so everything is compatible and works well together.

whitenoiz likes this.
  3. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for HTC Droid Incredible

A lot of people got these...mine should be here in the next few days. Have heard great things about this company and hopefully the screen lives up to the expectation. I'm sure lots of people will review it in the coming days once they receive it.

whitenoiz likes this.
  4. NYC Coyote

NYC Coyote Well-Known Member

I just ordered the Crystal from SGP and should have it within a few days...

If anyone on this forum is near me, and ordered the Anti Glare / Fingerprint.....

I'd both love to see it (cause maybe it isn't as dull as it looks on the iphone)....

But also do a head to head on camera comparison for the masses here.

5. bustapsu

bustapsu Member

Anyone know if the Anti-Fingerprint affects having a barcode scanned via Keyring?

6. matab14

matab14 Well-Known Member

anyone know when SGP is going to have more of those in stock? I have been checking daily and they seem to always be out!

7. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

You just have to keep checking. I ordered mine yesterday when they had them in stock for about 5 minutes. Hope they can at some time keep up with the demand!

8. matab14

Ya kiddin me! man! lol......guess I'll have to start checking every hour! lol

9. mrchambo

mrchambo Member

Back in stock for now...

10. matab14

Yep ordered a couple about 2 hours ago! Thanks!

11. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

AFP or Crystal Clear?

12. matab14

Went with Crystal.....

13. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

after all the reviews i went with afp
    both should be great

14. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

makes you wonder. how hard can it be to manufacture screen protectors? Unless they have one guy in the corner making them while everyone else is making iPhone ones. :cool:

15. matab14

Lol no kiddin!

16. whitenoiz

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO CHOOSE LOLOMG.

I want the anti-fingerprint because of the anti-fingerprint factor (and a little bit of anti-glare is great), but I'm hearing that it makes the quality of the phone fuzzy/blurry...

So the crystal clear, but there's absolutely no anti-fingerprint factor...

Do I want crystal clear or anti-fingerprint while sacrificing quality...

For those of you that are getting/have gotten the anti-fingerprint, what are your thoughts? Are you worried about the fuzziness? PLEASE HELP!

SHOULD I GET CRYSTAL CLEAR??? x_x

17. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

18. viki412ag

viki412ag Member

Ready a lot of reviews and finally I ordered the Phantom Skinz full body kit for my Inc. The screen protector piece went on easily (about 2 mins and done) with no bubble issues, dried fully within a few hours (yes, you have to get the decal wet, so be careful not to drip on your phone... ). The screen looks just as vibrant and clear as w/out the protector. No sticky issues, no off colors, less glare too... slides just as easily with same sensitivity. Although I got the regular clear protector, I feel like it's a lot more fingerprint resistant then actual screen. So overall, I give the screen protector an A+ for application and usability....

Now the rest of the body kit, side strips, and multiple back panel pieces is a whole different story. I spent nearly two hours trying to get all those tiny decal to attach properly and after letting them dry overnight, they were still peeling off around the edges (especially around the parts where the backplate slopes down/up... ). Also, if you have any intention of putting a hard case or silicon skin on your Inc... these are pointless...the case will forcefully peel them right off... so save your money and just get the screen protector... works great! If you have questions about it, I'll be happy to answer...

19. mrchambo

mrchambo Member

My experience exactly with the Zagg IS for the HTC Ozone and the body shield. Screen protector is fine, but the body shield not worth the hassle IMHO.

I just received the Steinheil Crystal Clear for my Incredible and it absolutely is...incredible. Ease of application, durability and clarity is unsurpassed. Yes, it does show some fingerprints/skin oils, but it cleans right up.

I prefer clarity over AF features and have seen the pix of the AF protetors and how they reduce clarity of the screen.

Not dissing any one else's product by any means, but the Steinheil wins hands down in my experience.

20. whitenoiz

Just an update for you guys (not that any of you actually care), but I went with the Crystal Clear because I was scared of the fuzziness of the Anti-Fingerprint

21. kmoore11

kmoore11 Well-Known Member

I ordered the AF... my friend has one on his iPhone that makes the finger slide so smooth across the screen. And I love the idea of never having to wipe fingerprints off. Also, the anti-glare should be really helpful as this thing is impossible to see in the sun

22. jl4788

jl4788 New Member

Just got my AF in the mail from Steinheil. It makes Swyping much easier because the screen is much smoother, and it's not really that fuzzy.

23. whitenoiz

k guys, stop making me feel like i made the wrong choice.

24. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I've only used the VZW screen protectors on my 6900 and now my DI. I put the steinheil anti-fingerprint on yesterday. I'd have to say that it is a vaaaast improvement for me. Firstly, it covers the entire front, unlike the vzw. It lays on easily. It does not smudge and the finger slides over the surface surprisingly easily. I find SWYPE easier to manage with this screen protector. I like it a lot. My DI was getting too smudgy with the ordinary screen protector. It was out of control. I was wiping all the time, so much so that I would put little scratches in my protector. This is definitely a thumbs up for the Steinheil anti-fingerprint.

Steven

25. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

boxwave for antifingerprint, sgp steinheil for crystal clear. The sgp CC is better on fingerprints than the naked glass too!