1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best screen protector brand?Tips

1. Boins

Boins Member

I got an anti glare screen protector that also reduces fingerprints when I bought the phone but I don't like it. The anti glare really takes away from the brilliant screen.

From your experiences what company offers a truly invisible screen? I want to protect the screen without loosing any quality. I'm not too worried about fingerprints either because I can just wipe em off...

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

http://www.sgpstore.com/

Best available.
    Slobadon and Boins like this.
  3. Boins

Boins Member

Simple and to the point.
    Thanks!
  4. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Active Member

The best screen protector?

None.

The screen is Gorilla Glass.

And any screen protector is going to take away from the screens beauty...:)
  5. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

This.

If you get the Ultra Clear it feels just like the glass and you will not even know it's there.
  6. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Active Member

7. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

Agreed
  8. sara12rara

sara12rara Active Member

I hope this is not a stupid question - can the Gorilla glass truly not be scratched at all? I am very hard on phones and always scratch them without a screen protector and ding them up without a case. Until reading this post I just assumed without question that I needed a screen protector.
  9. Boins

Boins Member

My old iPhone didn't scratch easily but I was able to scratch this phone on day one before I could put the protector on. It definitely doesn't have tough enough glass and needs to be protected.
  10. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Gorilla glass is scratch resistant, NOT SCRATCH PROOF. It can be scratched depending on the circumstance. You will always have 2 differing opinions of whether you need a protector or not. Search this forum or other forums of how many people had their gorilla glass screen scratched and decided to eventually put a protector on. Its up to you. Its your phone, your investment. Is a few bucks on a protector worth the risk of that annoying scratch when you notice it?
    sara12rara likes this.
  11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Your welcome my man...no prob!
  12. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Before u crash a thread, make sure you are 100% positive before making assumptions on False information.

#1 Gorilla glass is SCRATCH RESISTANT,
    not SCRATCH PROOF!

#2 SGP Screen protectors are the best in the business, and are hardly noticeable!

#3 The OP asked a fairly simple question, being...What is a good screen protector?
    Not...
    Will my screen have its beauty taken away from an SGP screen protector?
    WHICH IT WONT!!!

Anyway, were all here to help each other!
    That's the name of the game...

Welcome to the Forum ; )
  13. sara12rara

sara12rara Active Member

Thanks! I believe with my history of phone abuse I will be needing a screen protector.
  14. tbhausen

tbhausen Well-Known Member

Is it a certainty that the ET4G has Gorilla Glass? I know it's not "scratch-proof", but I can tell you all that the Photon's glass is tougher than any cell phone I've ever seen (except iPhones--it's equal to them). I'm cursed with nearsightedness that allows me to see the most minute of scratches when the sun (or other bright "point source" light) hits them. That's why I use a protector--that, and I can't stand fingerprints. The protector on my Photon doesn't cover the four buttons along the bottom or the top center part where the earpiece, front cam, LED, and sensors are, and these areas are pristine after six weeks of use of the Photon. If such a scratch could be made on the ET4G in routine use, I'd really have to wonder if it's Gorilla Glass. That stuff is extraordinarily tough.
  15. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Active Member

#1 I never said it was scratch proof.

#2 "Hardly" does not mean not noticeable.

#3 The OP also stated that his screen protector takes away from the beauty of his screen. I don't care if you get the best screen protector in the world. It is going to take away from the beauty of the screen, and it will be noticeable.

I am only saying what is true.
  16. Boins

Boins Member

The screen protector I am using (a matte finish anti-glare protector) takes away from the beauty of the screen. From the suggestions here and the research I have since done, it appears that this screen protector will satisfy my needs:

SGP Samsung Galaxy S2/ Epic 4G Touch [Sprint] Screen Protector Steinheil Series - GALAXY S2 EPIC 4G TOUCH - Samsung - Cell Phones

Of course any protector is going to change the screen a bit but I'm sure this protector will have a negligible affect to the screens appearance.

One last question. Does this protector come with 1 or 2? the site says "1 Set". Does that imply 2 pcs?

Thanks!
  17. Tommydaniel

Your opinions don't equal facts, lets just get that out of the way right away. While some people prefer screen protectors, you obviously don't. The OP isn't asking whether he should have one or not, he is asking which ones are the best ones that he can get.
  18. Tommydaniel

I just ordered the Ultra Optics from SGP. They are suppose to be finger print resistant and have less glare but still let the screen shine through. I will let you know how well they work when they come in.
  19. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Active Member

This is the original post. Right?

I'll say it again.

Anything you put over the screen will take away from the quality. Even if it's only a little bit.

What company offers a truely invisible screen?

None. Some are better than others, but none are truely invisible as that you will not know it's on the phone.

Now. If you want me to answer the same questions for a fourth time, just let me know.

And I have nothing against screen savers at all. I just choose not to use them.
  20. Boins

Boins Member

Well the thread wasn't about if you choose to use them or not. I was just looking for recommendations on what one to use (not whether I should use one or not).

But thanks for sharing!
  21. gsxr150

gsxr150 Well-Known Member

22. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Active Member

You can read can't you?

UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE.
    Boins likes this.
  23. VGPOP

VGPOP Well-Known Member

I need for Steinheil to start selling anti-fingerprint screen protector for this phone.
  24. Javeline4

Javeline4 Active Member

Hmm, I wasn't able to select the Ultra Optics from the pull down list, only the Ultra Crystal, and the Ultra Fine+$2 were the only options.