Best Screen Protector IYOAccessories

Last Updated:

1. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am going to have to get another Droid X because mine won't quit rebooting on its own and its frozen a couple of times too. This means I am going to have to get a new screen protector. I was wanting to know in you guys opinion what is the best screen protector in your opinion, regardless of price? I have a zagg right now and I really like it, but hey I want some added input from other people. Always wanting to know if there is something better out there. :D

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

im A huge fan of the verizon screen protectors, they come in a 3 pack for 15$ and have a nice matte finish that feels great while using the phone and provides a decent amount of glare reduction

3. bigtex19

you talking about the regular screen protectors or the anti glare verizon ones?

4. hoosurdady

hoosurdady Member

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I'm a big fan of the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint screen protector. It has a smooth matte finish and seems to do it's job well...

6. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

7. bigtex19

i have looked into the steinheil, i was wondering if there was any big difference between the ultra crystal and the anti-figerprint?

8. AshG

AshG Well-Known Member

My opinion can be found here. It all depends on what you are looking for. Steinheil has impressed me with their Ultra Crystal protector. In the wet application category, I would suggest giving BestSkinsEver a try if you're on a budget and the Skinomi Techskin a try if you absolutely need a flat surface but prefer the cushion of a thicker product.

9. bigtex19

seems more and more people are pushing the steinheil to the top. i like my zagg but i am interested to see how the steinheil does now

10. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Sorry guys, but I'm often a true believer of you get what you paid for. But in this case I have to disagree with myself. I have posted a numerous reviews on this forum for everything DX related from usb cables and chargers to cases and screen protectors, and proved that theory to be wrong most of the times. A dollar cables from monoprice is by far superior to any 10x that price from brand names, the same with monoprice wall chargers, the same with cheap Luxmo TPU argyle cases, and the same with this so called "cheap" screen protector. Fingerprints wipe out easily, it cuts on glare, the screen is crystal clear, the cut is perfect and it pass the test of my 2yr old and 5yr at home. The glide on the screen is smooth and responsive and I had no issues recently during our 100deg heat wave in Jersey when my hands were sweaty - no issue scrolling and using the screen. All other screen covers I have seen are too thick, cut too much glare to the point that screen look darker or with some off-color shade, and also feel weird to the touch. But anyway...

11. bigtex19

i have done some looking on youtube and i have noticed that it seems like the anti fingerprint makes the screen look a little funny. like the resolution is worse than what it should be, and since one of the best things about this phone is the awesome screen i think im gonna pass on the anti fingerprint steinheil

12. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

I've tried many of them, and for me Steinheil (Ultra Crystal) > Ghost Armor > Zagg > Boxwave > Verizon

13. in2uition

in2uition Well-Known Member

14. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

I have the ultra clear one on mine from Steinheil, the little bit of finger prints that i do get are easily wipped off. I will say this, CLOSE yourself completely off from everything the smallest spec of dirt will make a little bubble that you will see when your screen is off.

Im in the middle of a desert so it was pretty much im possible for me to. i will be buying another one when i get home to make sure it is flawless.

15. bigtex19

yeah i had to turn the fans off and clean my screen like ten times before i could get my zagg on there with no dust or dirt behind it

16. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Putting them on in a steamy bathroom works great...

17. lazybots

lazybots Member

I bought the zagg Invisishield.

I've never used a smartphone's touchscreen before using the Droid X and even when I got it, I never peeled off the plastic until I got the zagg. So when I'm saying that I don't care for the feel of how my fingers glide on the zagg, I really mean that it does well for me (since I don't know if there's better :p). As for the orange peel some people have discussed, I've noticed it if you tilt the phone to the side. However, if you stare directly at the screen you don't notice any smudge or orange peel marks.

As for protection, the screen protector seems to be doing its job remarkably well. I remember the days when I put something into my pocket (that has a screen) and it came back out with scratches after a couple weeks. I have not noticed any scratches or whatnot on the screen. When holding the phone you don't notice that there's a screen protector on there.

That's just my 2 cents.

-------
    Judging from all the ravings about the Steinhel, I'm actually rather tempted to try it, maybe I'll give it a shot in a few months.

18. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

Gave my x to a friend (convert from iphone to the droid) before his phone came in so he could try it out. He had it for 10 minutes before I asked him if he noticed anything about my screen. He didn't even notice it until I said something. Still didn't believe me.

I have the ultra crystal. Left the stock plastic on until I was ready to install the sgp. My screen was uncovered for a total of about 15 seconds. No dust amd very simple to install.

19. meanstreak

meanstreak Member

20. lazybots

lazybots Member

After all the recommendations from forum users on here...I ended buying the steinheil ultra crystal to try out. If it's better than the zagg, well I guess I'll be returning that

21. sawicki

sawicki New Member

You guys have been very convincing. I have not been happy with my zagg since it feels so sticky.

Any tricks or advice on taking it off so I can try a steinheil ultra crystal ?

Thanks in advance

22. bigtex19

got my steinheil in the other day, they are looking pretty good. now i just have to wait on the replacement phone!

23. akita

akita Well-Known Member

We really ought to have sticky threads for cases, screen protectors, chargers, and docks

24. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

My sister bought a 3 pack from Verizon and gave me one....I love it! has a nice finish that does not leave finger prints and actually makes the touch screen easier to use.....I dont know what she paid for them but they are very nice.

25. JazzMat

JazzMat Well-Known Member

It's so hard to read posts from people who find the Verizon screens anything other than complete crap. After dumping mine for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal -- and enjoying the clarity, crispness and brightness of the new protector -- I can only ascertain that anyone who would find the Verizon POS's remotely acceptable must either like throwing away their money on garbage products or have never seen a higher-quality alternative. Please, folks, do yourself a favor and order the Steinheils.

The key attribute here is that there have been no negative comments about the Steinheil Ultra Crystals. At least none that I have read. I've read complaints about the Verizons, the Zaggs, and pretty much every other mainstream screen protector, but I haven't read anything other than positive feedback about the Steinheils. After owning mine for a couple of weeks, I know why.