• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Best screen protector?

Atty

May 23, 2010
I got the Verizon Wireless screen protector for my Droid Incredible and until now it has been great.

Other day I was doing work around the house, left a screw in my pocket, rubbed against my screen and put a scratch (bad one) in it. I got curious and peeled away the protector to make sure it didn't damage the actual screen and it didn't but in doing so I ruined the protector. Oils from my fingers and god-knows-what under it, so now it looks like shit, when it earlier looked perfect.

What is the best brand/type/etc? Links? Should I just go get another VZW pack (lost my other 2 from that pack...)

If you were satified with the Verizon one I would just get another one of those. At least you know it protects the screen! :p

I have had a Zagg on my LG Dare for 2 years now and I don't have a single scratch. The thing is flat out perfect. I already have one sitting and waiting for my DINC to arrive next week.

agreed on the zagg.. although they seem to be not the most popular... i work in construction and wipe the phone down daily.(dust). the Zagg looks as good as day .

Upvote 0
Interesting article about screen protectors and Apple's products.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/191826/apples_ban_on_screen_protectors_makes_some_sense.html

I don't know if the glass used on Apple's products is different from what you use. But the screen protector decreased the sensitivity on my Evo's screen. I had the Zagg shield and while I loved on my blackberry, it was frustrating on a touchscreen.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I have to say I am not happy with the ZAGG protectors, but I will warn, it could be that I am an idiot. The first one has an indention towards the bottom and it seems after time it was starting to scuff up. I ordered a second one and didn't even get to put it completely on. I was using the small black towel that comes with it to wipe away some of the solution and it just started leaving black specs everywhere like the towel was coming apart. I tried cleaning off as many of the fragments as I could, but realized that some got under the screen. By the time I pulled it off, there were more all over the shield.

Maybe it was me, maybe not, but I had more trouble the second time around than I did the first time. I am going to see if I can return them both.

Personally I thought my finger didn't slide across as smoothly.

I am going to try out one of the other brands.

Upvote 0
Related question - i have had the Inc since day 1 and they put on the VZW protector, covering only the screen. Overall it has been fine with great clarity and excellent touch sensitivity.

One minor issue is that the protector has many hairline scratches, no doubt from my method of cleaning the screen (running it against my pants, shirt, etc). They are mainly apparent when reflecting light a specific way. One thing this protector does is collect fingerprints and smudges easily, hence a lot of wiping.

So my question...the areas above and below the protector do not seem to show fingerprints as much and do not appear scratched from my wiping. Is the glass therefore more scratch resistant and less smudgy than the VZW protector? I'm thinking of going with nothing as I've never used a protector before.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones