Best Sense ROM...

Last Updated:

1. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Let's hear it... :D

I'm looking to flash my first ROM (just rooted) and I LOVE sense so I want to stick with it. My main "wants" are to be able to OC and UC, apply custom mods/themes (circle battery icon in notification bar, custom rosie's etc)

I made a thread similar to this when I first rooted my Eris and it was very useful and I was able to find my favorite ROM ever, xtrSENSE, I flashed it after a few others and never flashed to a different ROM. Such an amazing ROM!! It was stock and fast as hell. Hoping for the same results now with my Incredible

As always, thanks in advance for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to recommend desire z, virtuous, and sky raider. Check out
    The Incredible List for all info regarding them.

3. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I gravitated to the lastest Redemptive Revolution ROM, Virtuous custom stock kernel, and Viva Redemption theme on my Incredible. Cool intro animation, transitions, nice blue theme colors, unique icons, and great battery life. I'll stick with this setup for a while. Can't OC with this setup but the custom stock kernel is fast enough for all my needs and I just need SetCPU to be able to underclock when needed to extend my battery life.

4. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

I started with Virtuous with Kingklick BFS kernels and now I'm running the latest Redemptive Revolution ROM with Kingklick BFS Kernel #5. Great combo. Virtuous is nice but just lacks some features that other roms out there offer.

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Hey Worm :)

At the moment, probably the most customizable sense rom out for your Inc is Myn's warm 2.2. The support for mods for it are almost overwhelming. It's a great ROM very fast and a large user base with OK battery life depending on your kernel of choice. Really anything ported over from the EVO as that dev section is much busier modding than the Inc community.

If you would rather not flash so many zips and spend so much time modding the cosmetics of the phone, but still want to customize at will than any of the sense roms for the Inc will work for you. You just need to try them really to see what suits you best.

I've run them all and the smoothest sense roms for me (I don't OC just UC) with the best battery life are senseless redemptive 1.0, redemptive revolution 2.1.3 with stock kernel, virtuous with stock kernel, redemption rom with stock kernel, and SR with HTC latest kernel (which is the stock kernel in virt and redemptive) in that order.

glhf!

6. wrangler85

wrangler85 Member

I'm running Myn's warm 2.2 right now an I really like it. Its speedy and very eye appealing. Seems to be stable although it wont allow me to successfully run setCPU. It reboots every time I open it.. Not sure its a necessary app for the rom anyway

7. im on MIUI and love it..

8. WormDoes

Thanks for all the responses, fellas! I'm leaning heavily towards Virtuous and Sky Raider right now. Are both of these ROM's stable and everything works correctly? I use my phone for work too so I can't have any FC's or things not working properly. Coming from an Eris I'm not used to having to flash kernels on top of ROM's. Is it 100% necessary to flash a specific kernel with ROM's or is it just to fine tune and get added benefits?

Edit: Just stumbled upon Uncommon Sense. It looks pretty good as well. So the same as above are all these stable and fug free? I'm having a hard time deciding which to flash first. Gotta love root :)

9. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

andreezy likes this.
  10. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Virtuous 3.1

I also like SkyRaider, but I can't get the latest to install correctly.

11. WormDoes

I downloaded Sky Raider 3.3 and as I was d/l I started looking at warm two point two and fell in love with the look of it and ALL the mods available. I'll be flashing two point two first and a few mods as soon as it's done downloading. It's kinda funny, I wanted to stay as stock looking as possible and I end up choosing two point two which looks NOTHING like the stock Inc haha. Love root and all the options it gives you. I'll post my feedback and feelings of it as soon as I've played around with it for a while and get everything set up

Warm Two point Two is a fantastic ROM. The customization alone is well worth flashing!

12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I roll around with the stock OTA Nov update ROM that I deodexed and do my own mods. the best way.

13. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I agree.
    It has been a while since I used SkyRaider, but I remember it being a good Rom

Virtuous is a great sense Rom. It is stable and has nice tweaks.

Desire Z is my current ROM. I love this ROM. It is a little buggy. I get the occasional random reboot and force close, but the benefits far outweigh the quirks.

14. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I have used virtuous 3.1 since the release and couldn't be more satisfied. You don't even need to wipe your phone, it keeps everything in tact and ready to go.

Bloatware is really easy to manage and I have had little errors with this rom. Plus the stock kernel it comes with is very battery friendly. I don't even "mid charge" my phone mid day anymore. I keep the phone off charge for 15-16 hours and by the time I go to bed my battery is just getting to 30% based on moderate use (phone calls, text, video's, games)

15. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Give Redemption (not Redemptive, an Evo based rom) a look. It's my "go to" rom these days, sense based, extremely quick, and everything simply works. For fun, MIUI is a kick with the iPhone looking icons.

16. WormDoes

I'll give it a look. I'm always curious about Desire Z but heard the dev has abandoned it and it's still very buggy. I'm really interested in trying the new sense out.

17. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

I'm going back to Virtuous 3.1.0 with the adrenalyne custom kernel. My best battery life and very stable.

18. emmur0

emmur0 Well-Known Member

Skyraider for life. have never had a problem and love the app toggle feature in the drop down.

19. andreezy

andreezy Well-Known Member

Even though MIUI isn't sense based, I can give you a pass...

MIUI is the best out there...

OP, you ought to give miui a try before you load your sense based rom.

If you dont like miui, load virtuous rom...

And PS: if you are going to try miui, PLEASE PLEASE puhleeeez... Export your contacts to VCF... That's the easiest way to get your contacts into miui. And I have not looked back since!

20. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Incdoes desire Z rom

21. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to sense as well and I've been very happy with Virtuous.

22. WormDoes

I'm sure MUIU is great as well as other non sense ROM's but I'm really not even curious about them. I ran a few vanilla ROM's on my Eris and I wasn't impressed at all. I bought 2 HTC phones because I LOVE sense UI. That being said, I still appreciate everyone's opinions. I'm pretty happy and content with Warm Two point Two but next on my flash list is Virtuouso, Sky Raider and then Desire Z (hopefully it won't be as buggy by then)

andreezy likes this.
  23. andreezy

I may be showing my ignorance... But what's the difference of sense, motoblur, and vanilla? I must be really slow. They all are the same to me. :confused:

24. Joevarm

Joevarm Active Member

Sense is the User Interface (UI) that HTC puts on top of Android. It's their way of making it prettier.

Motoblur is Motorola's UI.

Vanilla is the plain version of Android, so-to-speak.

check out this article for a more complete write up:
    Vanilla Android or a custom UI? - Pocket-lint

andreezy likes this.
  25. andreezy

Thanks for the link. It shed some light on the differences.