Best setting for Incredible camera?General

Last Updated:

1. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I know that the camera is good as is, however, I was wondering if anyone played with camera setting to come up with the best settings as most of the stock settings set at neutral.

Advertisement
  2. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

I believe most people are just running the stock setup

3. wiretap

wiretap Well-Known Member

It's best to take pictures with the camera on the phone, then do some post editing in Gimp/Photoshop if you want them to look a little better.

4. Old Pirate

Old Pirate Member

Back off the sharpness, you can't truly unsharpen a .jpeg in post editing software. Also, since you can't shoot raw with this software you have to make sure the camera generated .jpeg is the best it can be coming out. I find the auto white balance is too blue and switch to daylight, or shade, or cloudy depending on the circumstances. You can change that in Gimp, or PS, or Lightroom, but with a .jpeg you leave a lot at the scene if you don't get it right coming out.

At least this camera shows you results in real time which does help before a shot is taken. Turn on the camera and watch the image change as you change settings such as white balance.

Also..there are times when you need to change the exposure mode from average to center, or even to spot if you are going to do a close up of a person or flower, for an example or when your subject is back lit. Average will overcompensate.

5. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

I've noticed some people think that the default setting of "high" jpeg quality isn't as good as "fine." But high is indeed the highest quality setting.

6. ShiftLft

ShiftLft Well-Known Member

Interesting, I just happened to be re-reading Engadget's Incredible review and they found best results using centered mode. I changed mine to that and am going to see if it makes a difference.