Best setup for Android 2.1 + VNC to PC?

1. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good setup for our HTC Evo to be able to control out PC? I would like to be able to run a VNC and connect to it so I can moniter and operate my computer.

As of right now, I dont know where to start. Any beginning is a good start. I would like to get everything setup within the next 2 weeks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Enable Remote Desktop on your PC
    Use one of the many RDP apps in the market.
  3. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

Remote VNC is what I use and it's a great app!!!
  4. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

Logmein Ignition is in open beta and available on the Marketplace. It's free for now but will probably cost a hefty sum when it goes live. (It's $30 for the iPhone version)

I use that for my Windows PCs and AndroidVNC for Linux.
  5. htc.EVOlution

hey, how did you set it up? some info would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Colorado_Al

Colorado_Al Well-Known Member

7. mmoss2

mmoss2 Member

I like Phone My PC best. Most RDP and VNC apps are setup based on an IP address. Phone My PC has a small server you download on the host computer so that you can always connect, even if the IP for the host changes. I don't honestly care for the usability of any of the apps, though, in comparison to the iApps.....
  8. htc.EVOlution

I will keep this in mine. I'm actually needing to use it after 21st.
  9. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

I have it setup as follows:

Real VNC on my laptop, make sure encryption is set to Prefer On
    Install app on phone
    Setup your connection with the ip of your machine, if dynamic you can use a free software setup like NOIP, as I do
    turn off clip board, and view mode on phone, don't enter the psw so it prompts you each time you connect to your computer for it
    Connect, enter your psw at the prompt, you can control your pc via your phone, fast, and secure!!
    htc.EVOlution likes this.
  10. htc.EVOlution

Thanks, I will try this out... Looks like I need to redirect my dynamic to a static address.. I'll figure something out.
  11. r3dDaWn

r3dDaWn Active Member

go to no-ip.org, create an account, download the software, it's free, and you can use a domain as your ip address so if the ip changes, won't matter on your end..
    htc.EVOlution likes this.
  12. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

I just got the phonemypc beta, and it really is impressive(too me). Im new to remote desktops for cell phones so I couldnt give any comparison to logmein or or other RDP / VNC apps. What I can say is that over wifi it is lightning fast. With 3g it is pretty laggy but still very functional.