• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best setup for battery life?

bob60626

Android Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2012
Chicago
I'm getting comfortable enough with this phone to keep it around. However, I'm noticing some unusual battery habits. I always keep wifi, GPS, and data off unless I'm using it. On my OV I could go a few hours with minimal use before I saw it break under 100%. On this it hits 98 with NO use in a half hour even after a deep charge.
I'm interested in rooting to freeze what I don't use. Will that do the trick or should I go further? Do I need to give the phone more time?

-fwiw, I want to get a larger phone but I'd like this to serve as a backup for working at the beach and such-

Definitely root, That's the only way. I suggest porting a new ROM that gives more random access for a performance boost as well as my next update to my theme Grape Kew-Laid. As for pure battery life these "random" battery bursts may simply be an overflow of cache for a certain app/ota type data transfer ( such as checking to see if your being a good little customer).

My suggestion is simple.. Read/ get the root ( Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G - xda-developers )/ read/ install a new Rom ( http://androidforums.com/exhibit-2-...msung-exhibit-2-4g-all-things-root-guide.html )/ read, read read!!! I can not press it enough. I hope this helps.

My battery lasts over two days. Flat. No frills no gimmicks. I am running my next update to my theme with a launcher that's never been released officially... in English. But its soo customizable its crazy. In the launcher there's a power saver built in. Plus the Rom I used to theme has a power saver built in the settings, along with some awesome stuff like facial recognition for unlock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones