best setup for battery life?

1. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

I'm getting comfortable enough with this phone to keep it around. However, I'm noticing some unusual battery habits. I always keep wifi, GPS, and data off unless I'm using it. On my OV I could go a few hours with minimal use before I saw it break under 100%. On this it hits 98 with NO use in a half hour even after a deep charge.
    I'm interested in rooting to freeze what I don't use. Will that do the trick or should I go further? Do I need to give the phone more time?

-fwiw, I want to get a larger phone but I'd like this to serve as a backup for working at the beach and such-

Advertisement
  2. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Guides Guide

Definitely root, That's the only way. I suggest porting a new ROM that gives more random access for a performance boost as well as my next update to my theme Grape Kew-Laid. As for pure battery life these "random" battery bursts may simply be an overflow of cache for a certain app/ota type data transfer ( such as checking to see if your being a good little customer).

My suggestion is simple.. Read/ get the root ( Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G - xda-developers )/ read/ install a new Rom ( http://androidforums.com/exhibit-2-...msung-exhibit-2-4g-all-things-root-guide.html )/ read, read read!!! I can not press it enough. I hope this helps.

My battery lasts over two days. Flat. No frills no gimmicks. I am running my next update to my theme with a launcher that's never been released officially... in English. But its soo customizable its crazy. In the launcher there's a power saver built in. Plus the Rom I used to theme has a power saver built in the settings, along with some awesome stuff like facial recognition for unlock.