Best solitaire games for my mom?

1. PacificaBren

PacificaBren Well-Known Member

So I got my mom an Android tablet for Christmas, and I know it will be an uphill battle convincing her to give it a chance, because she's very phobic of learning anything new on her computer.

She's addicted to Eric's Solitaire on her Macintosh, though, so I feel being able to show her some good solitaire games on her new tablet will be a crucial indoctrination tool.

Can anybody recommend the best ones?

Many thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

I like Solitaire Deluxe.
    PacificaBren likes this.
  3. PacificaBren

Thanks, I'll look for it!
  4. PacificaBren

Gave it a try on my phone couldn't find any way of turning off music without also turning off sound effects (assuming there are any). My mother hates noise, so I'm going to keep looking for one that maybe lets you kill the music without also killing the sound effects.

I'm sure she'd like to hear the reassuring shuffle sound of the cards, but she would hate the music.

Again, though, I do thank you for the excellent suggestion, and I will be sharing it with her. I just need to also find some other good alternatives.
  5. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member Contributor

Solitaire by Backflip is a good one as well (and it lets you turn off the music without turning off all sound effects) but it only offers Klondike.
    PacificaBren likes this.
  6. PacificaBren

Thanks, I will check that one out too. I think Klondike is her main (or only?) one that she plays.
  7. PacificaBren

So I get a message telling me Solitaire Deluxe isn't compatible with mom's device.

Solitaire by Backflip works, but the graphics look a little fuzzy, as if they were never meant for a tablet's seven inch screen. If anybody has further suggestions for a solitaire game that will look great on this device, I'd be interested in hearing them!
  8. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

hmmmm how about "250 + solitaire" collection by "Alexsi Anoshenko"

lots of variety in this one. not sure how it looks on a tablet though tbh.
    PacificaBren likes this.
  9. PacificaBren

Thanks. I found a paid one that was $3 that looks really nice on her tablet. I don't remember what it's called, but I'll check on that the next time I boot it up.