Best Solutions for Droid Opening in Pocket

Last Updated:

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I realized yesterday that I'm killing my battery life by having my Droid sliding open while in my pocket. I never really paid attention to it, the sliding open never really bothered me, until I realized that basically my phone was sliding open, coming on, then closing, then opening again. Does anyone use a case that keeps it from opening?

Advertisement
  2. i ride a burton

i ride a burton Active Member

I keep my phone in my pocket all day long as well and I never really have noticed the problem until about two weeks ago I was at work and my phone got super warm in my pocket and I realized it was from all the opening and closing it was doing as I was rushing around! Needless to say I took it out and left it sit for a while to cool it down and the next time I went into work I took a case I had laying around that happened to fit the droid perfectly and have never had a single problem with heat or battery life since. I used to go 8 hours at work and the phone battery would drop 60-70% with hardly any use but a few text messages 0.o but since I've been using the case I am lucky to drop 10-20% even with using it the whole time I am there.

I just use this case, not leather but same size and style of case - http://www.fonegear.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=646

3. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Look around on this forum for the various Droid case threads.

I use a "G1" case that I bought off eBay for $3.95 that works perfectly for the Droid. It fits even if you have a Seido Innocase on the phone. I believe the seller is "oemplanet."

There are many other slipcases that work as well.

jamo likes this.
  4. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Wear looser pants.

5. SwinePunk

SwinePunk Member

Don't wear loser pants! Try looser pants though maybe.

6. akkkmed

akkkmed Guest

Damnit! I went to quote to say the same thing but you beat me by seconds!

7. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Tara, I'll check that out.

8. viomonk

viomonk Well-Known Member

Haha as ghetto as it sounds a rubber band would do the trick. That is if you aren't into that whole "spending money" thing people are into these days lol.

9. choop145

choop145 New Member

I use Fantasy Lockscreen app and never had my phone pocket dial. Give it a try. I forget if its free or cost a buck.