1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best sounding cars/bikes

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I know there was a bike thread started here and I KNOW there has to be some car heads here so here we go. Post videos of what in your opinion are some of the best sounding cars or bikes. I'll start off with two personal favorites of mine :)

YouTube - Ferrari 355 Capristo fly by sound.

YouTube - Porsche 911 (997) GT3 RS X-Ost exhaust sound

Listen to the downshifts on the GT3 RS....I've heard downshifts similar in real life at the track here, brutal and heavenly at the same time! They're much louder than the video!

Advertisement
    :
  2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I have to say an air cooled porsche on the boost sounds way better...
    As far as bikes, the Ducati desmosedici with termignoni pipes pretty well takes the cake....

:D
  3. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I don't like the sound of boosted Porsches, I prefer to hear the wail of the naturally aspirated flat six :) throw on some straight pipes and I'm set :D

Just heard the Desmosedici with Termignoni pipes on Youtube...I can only imagine how it sounds and feels in real life when you're riding one :eek:
  4. 330D

I just think that while it isn't a sexy sound, air cooled boosted flat sixes sound so raw and ragged that nothing tops the cacaphony. It is controlled chaos going on in there, and it sounds incredible ;)
  5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I want to vote for the 2010 Nissan GT-R
  6. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

I've never liked the sound of the ducatis, meh, personally i think they are over-rated bikes. I love the sound of my R6 with my graves exhaust system. Laugh all you want but shifting with the bike screaming at 16,000 RPM with a straight-piped titanium race exhaust that has flames shooting out the carbon fiber can says holy sh!t.
  7. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Even though it is my avatar it's not one of my favorites :p I prefer to hear old RB straight sixes spooling up.

My brother has a CBR1000RR with Yoshi pipes that sounds pretty sweet.
  8. NYCHitman1

Hehe, it's one of my favs. I'm a big fan of Japanese cars. I've seen a few of these bad boys on the road here in NY and the engine roars.. frickin LOVE it :D

Unfortunately, I could never justify spending $75,000 on a car.
  9. 330D

I like inline four motors in a bike, BUT to me there is nothing like the sound of a v-twin or v-four in amotorcycle to get my blood pumping. Have you ever heard an old v-max on the boil? NASTY!!!
  10. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

There's always the lottery right? :D
  11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I love Infiniti's signature tune of the exhaust. Whenever I hear that tune, I know for sure it is an Infiniti. No other car can immediately make me think of a certain brand or model just by listening to what's coming out of its exhaust. It's like a trademark.
  12. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

13. Vihzel

It isn't hard to argue. I would love to see exactly what cars were included in the research. I wish he would have included the link of the study, so it would be better understood. What is the sampling too? 10, 100, 1000, 10000? Too many unknowns to make this really credible. Even the blogger said that he takes it with a "grain of salt".
  14. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

15. NYCHitman1

Oh no, it's not about not having the money. That part is easily attained. It's just that $75K could be spent on other more important things.
  16. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i had a 83 toyota tercel tr5 hatchback 5 speed, the muffler fell off, it sounded downright bad ass.

i agree about the inifiniti's for the stock sound of a decent consumer car....the FX's sound great

the v series cadillacs are might nice too
  17. Vihzel

lmao.

I agree with your agreement.
  18. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I was on the road riding my bike (colnago, not motorcycle) and just crested a hill, was tired and had my head down. I hear a "sport bike" (Ducati?) coming in the other direction, in angry mood. As it got closer, I lifted my head...turned out to be a Ferrari F430.

I like this Carrera Gt @ 2:10 and 2:40, 4:50:

YouTube - Porsche Carrera GT with AWE Tuning Straight Pipes In Action

Got to love a V10 at full chat:

YouTube - Audi S8 5.2 V10 FSi quattro with Milltek Sport exhaust

And there's something about the Audi/VW V6s:

YouTube - S4 with APR Exhaust

YouTube - Audi S4 APR Turboback- no muffler. Part throttle.

YouTube - 92 volkswagen corrado vr6 supersprint exhaust

...but there is a special place in my heart for my 1.9L Corrado G60 w/Borla exhaust, which is nothing compared to the Dahlback beast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnwfzIUtOlU&feature=related
    330D likes this.
  19. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I've heard a few Carrera GT's pass me on the highway and lets just say I needed a new pair of pants :p

I've watched videos of the Dahlback before....absolute INSANITY. I'd love to try and drive one of those and see how long I can stay on the track lol.
  20. colnago

That Dahlback Golf is a monster on steriods, having its period.
  21. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

22. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

HAHA, as soon as I saw your first vid I went to find/post the top gear one. Get back to the site and you beat me to it lol....
  23. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

LOL I'm a huge Top Gear fan and as soon as I made that post I was like wait, this must be corrected :D
  24. colnago

LOL, I remember watching that...but I beg to differ. Alonso's Renault wasn't the "fastest" that year, but had the best TC system (was also an Adrian Newey design no?)...so technically, it was "easier" to tame than some of the other cars on the grid.

:p

+1 on bringing back the V10...although racing would be more of a battle of $$$ again. That, or the 1.5L F1 Turbos.

Awww H3LL...was looking for a vid of the BMW 1.5L, and found this article:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110042625865/f1-teams-close-to-agreeing-new-2013-engine-formula---4

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdJYocXlwg&feature=related
  25. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Crazy to think THAT had traction control. The ones today don't. I don't think that was Newey design, he was with McLaren.

I'm pumped that F1 is coming back to the states, I'm planning on getting tickets for 2012.

Meh not big on twin-turbo four cylinders but I'll hold my judgement. As long as they don't make it a spec series I'm fine. F1 is the pinnacle of automotive technology and should remain to be so. IndyCar is switching to twin-turbo fours too I think.