• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Sports App + (? for those who had Instinct)

For those of you who had an Instinct, there was a sports tab where you could make a category called "My Teams" and then in there put all the teams you follow. Then you select a team and see their entire schedule, previous scores and game data/stats.

Whats the equivilent to that on the Hero?

There are several. I use SportsTap which is pretty good. It even has a widget you can put on the home screen to quickly follow your favorite teams. It handles a wide variety of sports and lets you get to standings, schedules, stats, etc.

For football alone, there's Sprint's NFL app, but I find it too buggy to use.

There's also Google's Scoreboard, which also allows you to follow favorite teams and set notifications. I just find SportsTap to be more complete.

I'm hoping that MLB comes out with an Android version of their iPhone app before next baseball season :)

hope this helps,

jd

Upvote 0
There are several. I use SportsTap which is pretty good. It even has a widget you can put on the home screen to quickly follow your favorite teams. It handles a wide variety of sports and lets you get to standings, schedules, stats, etc.

For football alone, there's Sprint's NFL app, but I find it too buggy to use.

There's also Google's Scoreboard, which also allows you to follow favorite teams and set notifications. I just find SportsTap to be more complete.

I'm hoping that MLB comes out with an Android version of their iPhone app before next baseball season :)

hope this helps,

jd

MLB released the Beta version of the At-Bat app for the World Series. It's no longer available, as it stopped after the WS, however, it is QUITE AWESOME!!!

Only small differences from the iPhone app, however, since it was in Beta, I'm sure they'll implement feedback into the final version in time for first pitch Opening Day 2010!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones