Best, stable 2.x rom?

Last Updated:

1. musicmaster

musicmaster Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking at getting 2.x on my MyTouch. I don't care for any extras really. Just the most vanilla 2.x that won't crash, everything works and has the same battery life as the stock 1.6

It seems like many of the newer ones based on 2.2 are all having problems of sorts. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

CyanogenMod is probably the most stable 2.1 ROM for the mytouch.

3. anpk05

anpk05 Member

I tried the Hero, was really lagging. CyanogenMod 5.0.7 is the best

4. mulletcutter

mulletcutter Well-Known Member

5.0.8 t3 is nice, very nice battery life, very stable and you can over clock it to be

5. Ngo93

Ngo93 Well-Known Member

I'm using Cyanogen 5.0.7, seems quick and stable. My first day with it though so I'm not sure about battery life.

6. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

I installed Super E about a week or so ago and so far I'm very happy. Its really fast and the battery life is as good if not better than most other roms I've tried recently.

7. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member

Yes. Really great rom, best so far.

8. FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar New Member

been running 5.0.7 for about a week. pretty quick. about as fast as Dwang's 1.17 donut rom (which I think despite being a 1.6 rom is still the best so far)

9. mexicangio

mexicangio Member

i was looking at CyanogenMod-5.0.8 and it said something about facebook not working properly and since im a big facebook user i was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it ???

10. dbgrigg189

i just installed it, seems to be working just fine

11. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

The app itself is pretty weak, it works as well with CM as it does anywhere else.

The only problems I've had with 5.08 is Pandora sounds like poo, and the Market is a bit of a PITA.

mexicangio likes this.
  12. mulletcutter

pandora, slacker has a popping sound. super e, I'm using also, has no popping.

13. dbgrigg189

I've been getting the popping in Super E, i haven't used pandora yet on Cyan

14. mexicangio

mexicangio Member

ok im going to have to check it outtt !!

15. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member

Is there any new Super E. This one started to be slow I have that stupid lag when I exit forom gallere even from the menu, calendar or alarm clock.

16. mulletcutter

Super e v1.0.3 is out...i have not had a problem with any slowness..use auto killer and it should help

17. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member

I'm using auto killer of course. I'll flash 1.0.3 I had always problems with that lag on every rom I used, but on this one is too big.

18. dbgrigg189

I dont really notice Super E lagging any more than any other rom I've used. It does but hey its a fully working 2.1 on the mytouch, I'm not gonna complain if it lags the same as stock or another rom.

19. dbgrigg189

Ok, i feel like a noob for having to ask this, especially with as much of a proponent I have been for the Super D/E roms, but is there a way to just update his roms instead of completely reflashing. I've searched all over and turned up zilch plus his site is down.

20. InstantKarma

I'm pretty sure he has an updater just like Cyanogen's, but I believe that just automates the flashing. (Never used his or Cyanogen's.)

What's the problem with flashing/reflashing? It's not like you have to wipe data every time.

21. dbgrigg189

oh, i was under the assumption that you had to wipe every time

22. InstantKarma

Yeah, I suspected so. :)

Nah, not really required, IMO. Most of the time you only have to wipe on major changes like going from SuperE to CM or some other rom, or big changes in the rom like from SuperD to SuperE, etc., or if you're experiencing problems that could be attributed to not wiping.

If you're patient, you can just follow the threads on XDA and see how many people do or don't wipe first.

I think I've only wiped something like three times since I rooted. Gawd knows it's a PITA to put everything back the way you like it, even with Titanium Backup. If a rom requires a wipe, I wait until my next day off to do it.

(MAN, there's gotta be a better way to say "do/don't wipe".) lol For the record, I use the store brand TP. :D

23. dbgrigg189

Hahaha, well thanks for the TMI at the end there, and you have made me simultaneously feel like an ass and awesome at the same time. I have wiped and flashed so many times I can set my phone up almost completely after a wipe in about 30 min max.

24. InstantKarma

Well, you've obviously got it down to a science. :) Takes me a couple hours, as I recall, between wiping, flashing, reinstalling apps, etc...

Instant "No Dingleberries" Karma :D

25. Booky

Booky Well-Known Member

I always wipe then it's not big deal. I have this stupid lag when I exit from app. I have weather, calendar, data counter, buttery widget on my ignore list in task killer. I killed everything now and no more lag, but what is the point to not have the lag when I need those apps to run all the time?