Best sync method with Outlook and is Gmail really a push service?

Last Updated:

1. guitareth

guitareth Member This Topic's Starter

As you may have read on my other post today on the Support and Troubleshooting thread, I just got my HTC Desire and am having to return it as its faulty - no sounds from speakers :mad:

Regardless, assuming I'll get a working one soon (!!), I have been reading up about the phone and am unsure about the best way for me to proceed to sync my Microsoft Outlook Contacts and Calendar with my Desire. Here

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Only can answer the gmail query. Yes it true. Sometimes there can be a 1 minute delay, but yeah - It's push.

3. paul5f

paul5f Well-Known Member

I use Outlook to sync my 2 POP3 e-mail accounts and calender with my phone and it works perfectly. I only use my gmail account to purchase apps from the market and my gmail is set up to forward e-mails to my regular e-mail account.

4. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

There's a a program to install on your PC to sync Google calendars with Outlook - Google Calendar Sync. It also syncs to my Desire and my wife's iPhone so we can keep track of what we're doing (I work shifts so she always has these to hand). I only view the Google calendar on all devices.

I also use Google to deal with contacts.

The Desire can be set to leave copies of mail on the server and I use POP3 to sync my own email (not Google) to my phone. I don't use Googlemail at all.

It all seems to work OK for me.

5. guitareth

guitareth Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all for the advice so far. So does anyone know of a way to get my Outlook Notes & Tasks onto my Desire?

6. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member