best t9 texting app?General

1. ohiohunter2

ohiohunter2 Member

Hey Guys, love this site. This will be my first smartphone. Thought I saw somewhere that there is an app that will be able to give me t9 texting and typing capabilities. If there is what do you guys suggest. Thanks for your time.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The stock messenger comes with automatic word detection and a full qwerty so you don't need t9.

There is also a popular app called 'Swype'.
  3. macroweb

macroweb Well-Known Member

Swype is no longer available on the Android Market, anyone know where a "safe" copy can be found?

Thanks,

Macroweb

<edit> My question and Jamor's response over-lapped! Thanks!
  4. ohiohunter2

ohiohunter2 Member

sorry if i'm confused. phone arrives in a few days. so the stock text messenger comes with t9. i've seen the keyboards. thanks again.
  5. dazeek

dazeek Member

I came from using a dare to the incredible and like you was used to the t9 texting ability. Having the full keyboard is nice but i too was lost without t9. the app Handcent offer the t9 capability. However, i'm trying to get over the learning curve and am forcing myself to type with the qwerty when my patience can tolerate it - lol. It's been a week and i'm getting the hang of it.
  6. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

The onboard Sense text input has a 'Keypad' T9 option that I use.
  7. ohiohunter2

ohiohunter2 Member

ok thanks!
  8. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

IMO, there's no need to use T9 when you have a good QWERTY; I feel like it's a better investment adjusting to the full keyboard. I was surprised at just how good the keyboard was on this, I was immediately able to type quickly & efficiently.
  9. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member

I would try Swype as already said. As it works nicely with the QWERTY touch screen.
  10. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Swype is awesome, so glad someone linked it here for everyone else to find. T9 was awesome on the dare and it is ideal for texting n driving(not saying I do it) haha, but yeah it's easy.