best task killer?

Last Updated:

1. bkosborne

bkosborne Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best task killer to download?

I downloaded one called "Advanced Task Killer Free" - and it has tabs for like services, apps, system, etc... but I don't know which ones I shouldn't end.

My main concern is the extreme lag on my phone! It's so laggy... I just bought this june 1st and am thinking of returning it and getting the evo because I know that phone is a beast. I hate texting on this because it takes so long to get into the texting screen.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

a task killer is only going to make your phone worse. Let android manage the resources itself, task killers only make things worse

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

^This

Unless you have a rogue app (use spare parts to check), it really is best to let it do it's own stuff. This phone works nothing like a windows based computer, no need to close everything down.

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

None! Haven't had one for the last five month and my phone runs great. TC

5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I have to mirror what everyone else has said above. I have not used or wanted to use a task killing app since I got my Sprint HTC Hero four months ago.

That being said, I agree with Kelmar about monitoring battery draining apps with Spare Parts. Even the stock Android 2.1 battery status/usage screen will help you monitor this in a pinch.

6. MammonLord

MammonLord Active Member

Settings > Applications > Running Services

That's the best task killer available, and it comes with your phone. As for third party apps, read above posts.