Best Task manager for S3Support

1. winstonman78

winstonman78 Member

I'm wondering what you all think is the best Task manager or memory manager for the S3.

I've used Task Killer before with other phones, though seems like constantly having to stop the same programs over and over again.

I recently was using Go Taskmanager EX until it seemed to stop working, it wouldn't get my memory useage under 50%.

I know u can hold the home button down to get to the task manager and clear the memory that way. Seems like every time I do that it shuts down 50 applications or so. I try to set everything where it doesn't check for updates (Like email) and doesnt send me notifications.

Any ideas would be helpful. Even if the best one is to use the clear memory on the built in task manager.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I've picked up on over the years it's not to bother with a Task Killer. Just use the built in function.
    Rxpert83 and EarlyMon like this.
  3. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Simply, long press 'home' no 3rd party app needed.
  4. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

androd can handle itself linux is quite capable of closing apps when it needs that ram. unused ram is just wasted
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  5. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

best would be to manage task by your self.... close all the apps with the back button or user exit from menu if the app has one.... visit the built-in task manager once in a while to check if there are running apps this will let you know which apps will keep running in background and you can watch out for this... if you want to get email alerts etc than manage all the by enabling only the once that you need or else switch it all together.. wifi/3g/GPS goes without saying...and lastly the screen keeping auto update works for me and if you are not using it outdoor then you can keep reduce the brightness the minimum...