1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best To Do/notes Widget

1. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a to do list widget that takes up the whole screen. Astrid's is really small. I would also like to be able to edit on the fly. Any ideas anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Tinsammich

Tinsammich Well-Known Member

I have been using gDocs Notepad with Sync and so far I like it. Sync with your Google account so all your stuff is backed up and easy to navigate/simple no frills interface.
  3. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

Just got Remember the Milk. Working great so far and I've tried a bunch of others. My favorite so far.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.
  4. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

i set me agenda as needed and i found BugMe-Lite works great with advance text reminders, simple and easy to set. A paid version is available and a Widget for the Lite-version.

You can type your reminder or hand-write it on the scratch-pad...cool

I count on reminders a lot and realize the importance it is to some people so i thought i pass-on my experiences.
  5. mldiroff

mldiroff Member

I've tried Astrid Tasks and I really like it - it actually gives you funny reminders like "Are you gonna do this yet?".
  6. gone15

gone15 Member

ColorNote works perfectly for me.
  7. SoulWeaponry

SoulWeaponry Well-Known Member

I don't know about a widget's app, but colornote has been hands down the best note taking app i've ever used. I didn't know you could add so many features to a freaking note taking app.
  8. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

ColorNote... bit short on "instruction" department, but most are easy enough to figure out. Creating "To Do List" was pretty easy, and easy to cross it off whenever it's accomplished.
  9. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

The ones I've tried and really like are Astrid, ColorNotes, and Evernote. I usually use Colornotes just to jot down something really quick, Astrid for actual todo lists, and Evernote for things like how much money someone owes me. The great thing about Evernote is that it syncs online so you can view the info anywhere.

Yea, it sounds bad that I'm using 3 apps, but I have all of em on the same screen and its part of my "organization"
  10. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

I like the simple use of OInotes for lists and notes
    but for a reminder note that I am sure to see all the time
    I like Statusnote. it lets you put notes right in taskbar and have
    a visual reminder all time
  11. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend something like ColorNote but that looks a bit better!

Ideally I'm after a note/memo app that has a nice looking widget, one where you can just select the widget and start typing... even something that just places a text box on your home screen would be great...

[Maybe the HTC Notes widget does this but I'm using LauncherPro so cannot utilise HTC widgets...]
  12. icyxcold

icyxcold Member

3banana by synaptic is a good one.
  13. ajamudc

ajamudc Member

Thanks for the heads up on Colornote. It looks like a good app for making simple checklists. I use Astrid for my task management, but this seems great for things like grocery lists and books to read, etc.
  14. shaffe43

shaffe43 Active Member

stickie pad pro its the best I had found by far. But after a while I just began using astrid and remember the milk for every thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  15. rafer

rafer Member

Is there a way to get tasks from google calendar on my macbook to my dinc?
  16. gurana

gurana Well-Known Member

For tasks, I've got astrid linked to RTM... I use it in conjunction with the agenda view widget to see things that are coming down the line.

For notes, I have evernote, and I used it in the past with my BB storm :)(), I just haven't gotten around to using it on my phone.
  17. jsstritz

jsstritz Active Member

ditto
  18. SMThe

SMThe Member

Mobisle is not bad either
  19. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

Try Springpad, you would be amazed at what it can do. So many types of lists, to do's. Best one ive found so far.
  20. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I like AK Notepad. It is available from the same people as 3bananas and will sync with a snaptic account just like 3bananas but it is more basic, just for taking text notes..no pictures, etc.
  21. Harteg

Harteg New Member