1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Best ToDo List/Reminder

1. bluethunder

bluethunder Member

What is your favorite ToDo List/Reminder App?

I would ideally like something which....

• Easily takes a to-do list
    • Has reminder/alarm functions
    • Synchs with my calender
    I was using my google calender, but then if I dismissed an event I lost my to do list.

Recommendations?

Advertisement
    meyy91 likes this.
  2. queirozjr

queirozjr New Member

Trying Astrid.
  3. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Astrid +10000
  4. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Double post
  5. PridgNYC

PridgNYC Well-Known Member

I use Astrid, it doesn't sync with the calender, but it does sync with rememberthemilk.com, sends reminders, alarms, etc. It keeps closed tasks as long as you want, and is very easy to enter tasks either on the phone or via the web at rememberthemilk.com.

Oops, it can add the task to the calender, there is a checkbox in the task dates tab that allows you to add it to the calender.
  6. mrtrumpet

mrtrumpet Member

G Tasks syncs with Google Calendar and has been very reliable for me of late.
  7. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I have Astrid and it's good, but I also use Note Me. It's a nice note taker and you can set reminder alarms.
  8. iPhone2Droid

iPhone2Droid Well-Known Member

ToDo Q: alarms by schedule and/or location; gCal friendly (toss to gCal per item, changes flow thru)

Got To Do: todo on steroids; sync with ToodleDo.com, use iCal to then sync with gCal

Note Everything Pro: quick voice/text notes to me, with (optional) status bar alarms (no gcal sync)
  9. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Remember the Milk (official app), it has the most options (including sharing) and cleanest interface by far. Unfortunately Astrid does not play nicely with RTM's lists and tags.
  10. eggs

eggs Member

Got To Do is the best!
    chuhsi and jimdroid like this.
  11. negreenfield

negreenfield Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I haven't found one to do everything I'd like it to, but I'm currently comparing Astrid and Got To Do for what you're asking. Astrid is simpler but I'm leaning towards Got To Do for task list/to do.

Status Notes and Notification Notes (I don't know which came first but one is definitely a rip of the other, wow they are similar) because I kind of like the different icons all in the notification bar since I generally use it a lot to go to new emails, etc.

Note Everything and Note Me. Both seem useful for taking notes, haven't evaluated them long enough to make a decision.

I also have OI Shopping List, well, for shopping lists (grocery).

It'd be nice if there was one that did all of the above...
  12. LovisaLucia

LovisaLucia New Member

Is there any program for android that can program repeat weekly reminders that stop on a certain date? I'm coming from Palm OS where I could create a task and set an alarm to go off at 2pm every Saturday until July 15, 2010. I have lots of tasks like that and Astrid has such a time-consuming interface to set up a task, I don't want to have to set up 4 identical tasks for each consecutive week. The alternative in Astrid is to have the task repeat every week and then set a separate task to remind me to end the repeat or delete the task on July 15. Any suggestions?
  13. jdmckay

jdmckay Active Member

I'm still not sold on any of these.
    I love RTM and used it on my PC for a while now.
    I don't really feel like paying that much for their options.

My big thing is to be able to set tasks that repeat daily or weekly, that when I mark them done for that day, they don't disappear as if I've done all the tasks, in the future even.

Am I missing it on the others?

Not enough good reviews on astrid, either on the site or the marketplace.
    GTD doesn't strike me as the one.

Currently I'm using Gtasks for Android.
    I like it, but I don't like the fact I mentioned above about the repeating tasks.
    Unless... I'm doing something wrong.
  14. jdmckay

jdmckay Active Member

I just downloaded Checkmark Todo List. So far so good. Can't get it to sync with gtasks. Does it even do that?
  15. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

Astrid for me. The Astrid widget is a bit small for me though, so I use Android Agenda which syncs nicely with Astrid.
  16. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member

17. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

Yes, Astrid could use a much better widget...
  18. waxwings

waxwings New Member

maybe you can try Cobblestone. It's free anyway.
    StoneMesh
  19. AJP123

AJP123 Well-Known Member

I used to use Google Tasks Organiser Lite, but given the lack of features in Google Tasks, I'm trying the 14-day free trial of Ultimate To-Do List, which syncs with Toodledo.com (best To-Do list online IMO). However, I did love the widget on GTO Lite, it could flick between different folders with a simple arrow press.

Does anyone know of an app that syncs with Toodledo AND puts due date tasks into a calendar? Got to do is no longer available, I think I read somewhere that the developer isn't doing it anymore.
    pawnmower likes this.
  20. itm

itm Well-Known Member

I'm also looking for something FREE that'll do quickfire reminder data entry. I just tried a couple of the suggestions above:
    - Got To Do - couldn't get it to give an audible reminder,
    - RTM - didn't realise that it wasn't free
    - Astrid - cumbersome to enter the date/time for the reminder.

I just want to open a form, enter a 1-line description, date and time for the audible reminder all on the same page, and save it.

To save me trialling a load more apps, does anyone know of one that'll give me the simple, one-hit data entry of reminders that I'm looking for?
  21. chrbrandt

chrbrandt New Member

check Note Monger, it seems beta but pretty straight forward on note taking and reminding and to-do
    -chr
  22. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use "ColorNote" for my note taking and check list. It works really well and simple to use. You can create as many notes, post-its, as you like. You can create a check list to use over and over again. (When a reminder has passed, your notes remain.) Cross out items with a press and resort the list, so only unchecked items are at the top. Set up a variety of different reminders: time alarm, all day, pin to status bar and repetition. Has 9 different color post-it notes to choose from. Can place single notes on home screen as a widget, which will display the number of items not checked, for check list. You can archive notes and check list, to clear out work space. There is a calendar, in the app, that places all reminders on it, but it doesn't sync to google calendar. You can password protect notes and check list.
  23. deanr1977

deanr1977 Member

Try ToDoListPro its a really good app, its free & has 4or5 different lists to use & has a really nice look to it! Dont think it can sinc with google calender but i could be wrong? Prus there is a paid version with more extras? Take a look for yourself on the market
    Hope this helps
  24. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

I use ToDo Task Manager Pro. There is a free version as well and they both handle repeat tasks gracefully.