1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Best Tower Defense games

1. fanatictower

fanatictower Guest

I've tried them all, and for me the best is the newcomer Armored Defense.

Has never seen things like huge maps with zoom, the towers on rail, the realism of the towers and tanks ... And the game is very addictive and rewarding.

One of the best games for Android :cool:

What are your favorite?

Advertisement
  2. jstengren

jstengren Active Member

I've enjoyed Guns'n'glory and Grave Defense - both reviewed on PlayDroid. Just posted the Grave Defense review tonight.
    IntPimp likes this.
  3. Price9000

Price9000 New Member

I like robo defense, I wish it had more colorful graphics, but I love that you can place your weapons where ever you please. Does anybody else know any other TD games that don't have a set path?
  4. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

Grave Defense & Portalkeeper for me.

Empire Defense. (It's still in beta though so only a lite verison.)
    [​IMG]
  5. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

Grave Defense for me.
  6. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member

The only one I tried so far was Robo Defense, and I did like it alot. It has so may levels.

Chris Johnson,
    Recon Shooter for Android
  7. I have only tried Robo Defense and Grave Defense.

Out of the 2 i believe Robo Defense is better

:)
  8. vani77a

vani77a Member

tower raiders
  9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Grave Defense Gold is addicting and awesome
  10. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

I quit playing robo defense b/c it's repetitive and never updated. Seriously it's been about 6 months since the last update.
  11. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

i REALLY enjoy playing Defensoid. There's a light version, as well. it's got retro neon type graphics and it's a lot of fun. i tried the lite and then got the paid version. needed the levels!
  12. Jus10

Jus10 Well-Known Member

Man, I've tried all of the games mentioned and nothing compares to what iPhone's Tap Defense was like. I want that game on my Cap.
  13. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

Dungeon Defenders :) but seriously... Grave Defense Gold is my go-to tower defense game. It's not as linear as the rest (it has multiple paths for enemies to alternate which adds to the challenge and makes it less repetitive). Has lots of towers, upgrades, lots of different enemies. Pretty good game.
  14. Mrs Toast

Mrs Toast Member

Our game Shrimpocalypse is open field like Robo Defense, Mr Toast doesn't really hold with fixed path TD games. And it's certainly colourful! ;)

Outside of the Android field, there's Desktop Defender, which is available on Facebook and as a stand alone browser game.
  15. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

Tower Raiders far and away is the best. Totally addicting. Shrimpocalypse and Robo defense are good too. Grave Defense is probably my second fav behind Tower Raiders.
    Mrs Toast likes this.
  16. nikki51964

nikki51964 New Member

grave defense gold. best tower defense game for me so far.
  17. Jus10

Jus10 Well-Known Member

Tap Defense, my favorite iPhone Tower Defense game, has just been released in Market. I highly recommend it. Anyone who downloads it look up "earn favors."

Just download and run the apps the game tells you to, earn favors, and download more towers to your arsenal! Very cool. (PS, you don't have to keep the games/apps it tells you to download, just run them once and your favor is there!)
  18. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

crystal defenders is fun, but doesnt have the replayability of some others out there :(
  19. clownsfinest

clownsfinest Active Member

I want field runner on android!
  20. cobraje

cobraje New Member

Same here! BEST tower defense game ever!
  21. Kinnerton

Kinnerton New Member

Has anybody tried out Livestock Vs The Undead?

Another one still in beta hence only the 'lite' version in the market.

It looks like it's going to be a great little game.
  22. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

I'm going to say Myth Defense. Same gameplay as Robo Defense but it looks a million times better. Once Fieldrunner comes out, these two will by far be the best, IMO.
  23. guyver_dio

guyver_dio Well-Known Member

Empire defense, I like big open maps where it's up to you to design the maze for them to walk through. Only problem with empire defense was that it takes way to long to accumulate enough gold to unlock more maps/towers so I eventually gave up (didn't feel like replaying the same map 1000 times). Graphically the best I've seen.

I seriously wish someone would make poker tower defense though, so much that I'm thinking I might even take a stab at it.
  24. zdefense

zdefense Member

I've played most of tower defense games mentioned above. I have to say ZDefense is the best. It took inspiration from the best tower defense game of iOS - GeoDefense and made it even better!
  25. Tim 13

Tim 13 New Member

I enjoy Crystal Defenders a lot too, that game is HARD though.

Fieldrunners and Plants v. Zombies are both available on the Amazon Android Appstore. Guns'n'Glory was also a good one, though a little difficult. Other than that, I also really enjoyed TapDefense, but its lifespan was too short because once you get the flamethrower tower, nobody can get through. Nobody.

I also recommend Medieval Castle Defense, it's another hard one though.