• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Twitter App for Droid Eris?

It depends. If you want to spend money, twidroid pro is best- has the smoothest interface IMO. If you want free, Seesmic is best- it has all the features of Twidroid Pro (video links, link shorteners, pic link, multiple accts) but without the price tag.

What I would suggest is download the lite version of twidroid and other twit apps and seesmic and see which one fits your needs. That's what I did and stuck with seesmic. (although I'm secretly wishing tweetdeck hurries up and comes to android already)

Upvote 0
It depends. If you want to spend money, twidroid pro is best- has the smoothest interface IMO. If you want free, Seesmic is best- it has all the features of Twidroid Pro (video links, link shorteners, pic link, multiple accts) but without the price tag.

What I would suggest is download the lite version of twidroid and other twit apps and seesmic and see which one fits your needs. That's what I did and stuck with seesmic. (although I'm secretly wishing tweetdeck hurries up and comes to android already)

have you tried twicca?

Upvote 0
I'd love to try it, though I'm happy with Seesmic, but cannot, as Twicca is not in the market for the eris.

Are you running 2.1? I just searched for it and found it on the Market. Although prior to this, I'm using Seesmic and it's fine for me.

I don't Tweet at all, but I am subscribed to tons of people and check two or three times a day for updates. Namely bloggers on gadgets and cars and stuff.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Are you running 2.1? I just searched for it and found it on the Market. Although prior to this, I'm using Seesmic and it's fine for me.

I may be a minority on this forum, but I am not updating to 2.1 until there is an official update.

I'm sure that I will try out Twicca when I get 2.1, but I have to say that hearing it has a "sexy/appealing" UI isn't what draws me. I just looked at a screen shot of Twicca, and I think I still prefer Seesmic.

I should also say that since Twitter added official retweets and they now show the original poster in your stream, rather than the user who retweeted it, there are clients who did it the "new" way - Twidroid does, for one - and Seesmic does it the "old" way - the tweet shows as being done by the person I am following who retweeted it. That's what I prefer, and is one of the reasons that I prefer Seesmic to Twidroid. (I also had a usability issue with Twidroid - if I started posting a tweet, then changed my mind, I'd close the compose box but when I returned to the app, it would still pop up the keyboard. This would only fix by closing the app. Perhaps an update has fixed this?)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones