1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Twitter app to date

Last Updated:

1. Xystence

Xystence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have done some searching and it seems everything likes one thing or another. But a lot of the comparisons are old and since them we have had the official app launch and such. What do you all feel the best twitter app is today? Both Free & Paid?

Advertisement
  2. Upright

Upright Well-Known Member

3. Xystence

I was considering trying that one since I am such a fan of the dev. Whats the best parts of it that make it stand out? Ive been using Seesmic

4. Upright

In my opinion,.it has everything there. Some apps are missing things. I find that with Touiteur every feature you would expect to be there is. The only thing I would say could be a potential draw back to Touiteur is that it has so much it can tend to look a little over crowed. But once you get use to it,...it's great. :)

5. Thomas_AR

Thomas_AR Active Member

6. Upright

I definitely like Twidroid as well,...although I haven't tried the Pro version the lite version would be my second choice as far as twitter apps goes. :)

7. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member

My vote is for Twicca Beta.
    twicca BETA | AndroidApplications.com
    The interface is clean, easy to use, efficient. And the color label feature is something all Twitter clients should have going forward. I also like the link-preview feature that allows you to expand shortened URLs before clicking through.

8. Kami

Kami Member

Official Twitter client is great and in my opinion also one of the best looking Android applications.

9. Upright

I'm trying this one now and it appears to be a great Twitter client. Thanks for sharing. :)

10. Upright

It's true, it looks great but doesn't seem to show you how many updates you've sent or anyone else for that matter...which may or may not be important to some but for me I like to see how much someone is updating before I follow them. Having the Update is just more useful info IMO. :)

11. Xystence

How does Seesmic compare to all of the ones we have discussed? I had an issue with the official client where it was not showing tweets for newly added follows.

12. Upright

I tried Seesmic but I do remember it lacking some features. :)

13. ryansmith18

ryansmith18 New Member

You may find this article very informative:

Twitter for Android: the best apps reviewed -- Engadget

It's lengthy, but if you want to skip reading about each app you can scroll to the bottom and see a comparison chart of all the features that each app supports. It's what helped me determine what app was best for me.

Article is dated May 6, 2010, so it's recent enough to be pretty accurate about each client.

14. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Touiteur, far and away. Twidroid's widget is HORRIBLE.

15. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I use Twicca as well. It's got a handy widget (no tweets in it though), and looks GREAT with white letters on black background.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

16. MisterMixelpix

Twicca's nice, but I'd really like it if there were a way to make mentions and your own posts stand out better.

17. lifispeachy02

lifispeachy02 Member

I had been using twidroid and I really liked that. Just tonight I downloaded TweetCaster and that seems to be pretty nice. It can update twitter and facebook status. I haven't tried the others that were mentioned.

18. androidized

androidized Active Member

I've used twidroid, it was nice, good usability but he had a bad behaviour, He was set to start over and over even after i killed the task, so i deleted it.

19. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

20. MisterMixelpix

One flaw with Touiteur: the 4x3 widget sucks. It cuts off the bottom line of text instead of simply eliminating it the way the 4x2 widget does.

21. Upright

Yeah,...If I'm not mistaken you can only use the Widgets with the paid version....I'm using the free version.

22. MisterMixelpix

Ah. Well for me, the widget is KEY. Touiteur's isn't the best, but it's damn good and the rest of the app is fantastic. Twidroid/Tweetcaster/Twicca all have awful widgets.

23. Xystence

Anyone know which of all these twitter apps do not cap out around 250 tweets in list? Touiteur stops loading right at 250, and official client is about double that.

Anyone have more info about this specifically?

24. m165

m165 Well-Known Member

Just been re-trying a few Twitter apps after reading about them again

I really dislike the UI of Twidroid, not my cup of tea. The official Twitter app is still a no go for me, no remembering where I am in the timeline, and only loading the past hours worth of tweets is no good if I haven't checked Twitter in a good few hours.

Twicca which has been mentioned alot... the UI is really nice and simplistic, something I like. I would give it a decent go if I could actually see my mentions and messages... both options give me a connection error, yet my other Twitter apps viewed them fine.

Back too Touiteur!