Best Twitter client to handle multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by DirtyHeartBlues, Jan 8, 2010.

1. DirtyHeartBlues

DirtyHeartBlues New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Cleveland
    So I've poked around a bit, and am mildly disappointed with what I've found so far in my search. I need a Twitter client that can actually reliably deal with two accounts, and not mix them up. I tweet for an organization as well as my own account, and cannot have it bugging up and switching accounts as I've heard that Twidroid does. FYI, I'm using the free version of Twidroid now, and have no complaints about it thus far, but I have not been wowed by it either.

Does anyone have any experience with any other clients, or should I just suck it up and throw down for Twidroid? I don't mind paying for an app, as long as it functions solidly.

Advertisement
  2. i have twidroid also... never tried anything else. happy with twidroid. i also have the freebee version

3. eggs

eggs Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Seesmic

4. DirtyHeartBlues

DirtyHeartBlues New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Cleveland
    I'm not finding evidence that Seesmic supports more than one Twitter account at a time - the website doesn't appear to specify anywhere. Are you sure that it WILL support more than one account?

Again I say, I'm already using Twidroid's free app. It does not support multiple accounts - that's only the paid app. I'm looking specifically for multiple account support.

5. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
  6. eggs

eggs Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Sorry, by now it doesn`t, but it will in a future release. Twidroid Pro supports more than one account, but you`ll have to pay for it.

7. BiGTo0T

BiGTo0T New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Try swift

8. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Peterborough, UK
    Simple suggestion, until you do find the perfect one that supports two accounts, why not install your two favoutite Twitter apps and use one for personal and one for work?

BudDroid likes this.
  9. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Seagrove Beach FL
    Dumb noob questions:
    1-How to install multiple versions of the same app?
    2-How to rename the shortcuts, so each can have a unique name?

10. pebkac

pebkac Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Try TweetDeck and TweetCaster.

TweetCaster is the better of the two IMO, but they both handle multiple accounts fine. If you tweet more than you read, TC's widgets are good - you can set multiple tweet widgets with different colours. The reading widget isn't up to much but reading in the app itself is pretty good.

11. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    I think the suggestion was your two favorite DIFFERENT twitter clients. :)

In any case, Seesmic does multiple clients.

BudDroid likes this.
  12. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I use Seemic and it does do 2 accounts

13. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Seagrove Beach FL
    Rereading earlier posts, I realized I had pulled a boner. Shoulda edited my post, but I got distracted. Oh well...

14. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    No problem... I do it all the time myself.
    :D

15. MattMrdck

MattMrdck New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    consultant, for now
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Posting here today to revive this thread for new insight into TWITTER clients on Android. I've had a Galaxy Nexus for all of 8 weeks (after 10 years of Blackberries) and am surprised that there isn't a great robust client for Twitter (and occasional Facebook posting).

Specific wants on my end are the ability to view my lists and esp. the ability to maintain lists (add/drop users) - UberSocial on BB was strong in this area.

Beyond that, I've tried Uber & Plume, so far, and both have enough limitations that the search for a better solution continues. Any expert insight is very much appreciated / and glad to say, first post & looking forward to sharing what I can here...

16. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    Guide

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Tweakdeck and HootSuite.

17. Shazbat

Shazbat Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Didn't know Tweetdeck had gone/been dropped by Android until I did a factory-reset on my phone after an issue. It was still working reasonably well, although I could tell Facebook updates were no longer working but wasn't massively concerned.

However, have downloaded the Ubersocial app and it's ok but I have to clear the cache every 1000 (or 250 or 500) tweets which is a bit of a nuisance as it basically stops the app working properly. The warning tells you this, but mine doesn't go back to working how it should (specifically, timeline picking up where you last scrolled to).

Am I missing something in the settings or is this how it is on Android? A friend on BB tells me she doesn't have to do anything to hers.

18. JeremyBlake

JeremyBlake Member

May 30, 2013
    Male
    Huntington, WV
    I'm beyond sad that the default Twitter app is the best I've seen. They're all so hideous. My biggest regret about switching to Android soon is losing Tweetbot. Hopefully I come across one soon that is decent looking.. :(

19. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    Guide

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I now use Falcon Pro. Carbon for Twitter is also good looking.

20. Bren S.

Bren S. Well-Known Member

May 2, 2011
    Female
    USA
    Tweetcaster allows multiple accounts.