Best video converter app

1. simoran2

simoran2 New Member

so i have just got my hero and would likt to put some videos on there.

can someone tell me what is the best video converter to use and what settings to get the best quality for the hero?

thanks in advance

Advertisement
    jungajuice likes this.
  2. -Jester-

-Jester- Member

Attached Files:

3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Format Factory - Free media file format converter
  4. jono

jono New Member

5. -Jester-

-Jester- Member

Hello,

Got to say that Format Factory is very good.

The settings below work very well on my Magic.

I forced the FPS to 25 as it was a PAL AVI that I was converting. the default is 18 and I dialed down the bitrate from 512 to 384 as it was a bit jerky at 512. Every other setting is default

:)

Attached Files:

6. danial

danial Member

I've always used anyvideoconverter for my psp and it works great for my mt3g now
  7. Ritamao

Ritamao New Member

8. yzf888

yzf888 New Member

9. AUS_TX_RJL

AUS_TX_RJL Member

Stick with AVIDEMUX or SUPER.

Do NOT waste your money buying something or get stuck with advertising laden stuff.

Avidemux.org
  10. AUS_TX_RJL

AUS_TX_RJL Member

You are using the wrong codec, this is why you are having trouble with framerate, choppy video, etc. For Android, MPEG-4 AVC (x264) is really the only way to go.
  11. mikebeecham

mikebeecham Well-Known Member

I hav to be honest...I've used Handbrake for nearly 2 years now, have easily backed up all my DVDs into MKV files, and since getting Hero have converted some of my MKVs into MP4's, all without choppy playback.

It's free, so grab it here: http://handbrake.fr
  12. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I use Videora ;)

Looks like your a bit spoilt for choice on this thread :D
  13. drwinston

drwinston Member

or you could just download the mp4 files from various file sharing sites. Rapidshare have some great movie threads with about as many mp4 files as you can imagine. Not that I'm condoning illegal downloading you understand. I've been told that this is possible !!!
  14. werign

werign New Member

Freeware: iWisoft Free Video Converter

Feature:
    1. Input and output all the vdieo, audio, image formats with good quality.
    2. Video editing function: merge, trim, crop video.
    3. Batch conversion mode.
    4. Totally free!
  15. revel

revel Well-Known Member

16. MeredithBanks

MeredithBanks New Member

it was simpler than i thought it would be.
  17. Videora Ipod Converter.

Shame I didn't find this thread before I spent hours buggering around with Sony Vegas Pro to no avail. Then I tried Videora. It has a really ball aching interface but does the job perfectly. Even converts matroska files.

Not sure if it relies on your previously installed codecs or not but nevertheless it works for me everytime.

My hero so to speak. ;)

I always use the following settings: -

iPod Touch 2ndGen settings (H.264 480x320 768kbps Stereo/128kbps)

Produces good quality - no lag - no jutter.

Jutter?? lol - I meant Jitter
  18. sichuan21

sichuan21 New Member

i am using Moyea Video Converter which can easily convert among almost video and audio formats without audio/video issues for its special technology.
    Code:
    my-video-converter.com/video_converter/
  19. rangers28

rangers28 Active Member

This may be a dumb question, but if I want to copy some of my purchased dvd movies using any of these programs, will it work, or would I need to get a decoder first...I'm a noob when it comes to video formats and copying. :eek:
  20. pctalks

pctalks New Member

(Deleted Link)

iOrgSoft GPhone Video Converter is an all-in-one software which can convert all popular video formats such as AVI, WMV, 3GP, MOV, MPG, VOB,ASF, RM, RMVB FLV, MP4, etc. to MPEG-4, H.264 Video, MP3,WAV, AAC and AMR audio that can be playable on GPhone.
    Step one: Add Video File
    Click Play in the main menu to enter the play window. Click the add icon, the program will let you browse your hard disc. Select the format and then add the file you want to convert. Click open button.
    Step Two: Video Trimming
    Click Trim in the main menu to enter the trim window. Click the start icon to open movie trimming window and do as follows to capture a clip from the selected file:

Preview video: Preview the selected video file in the preview window and estimate what part of the movie you want to convert.

Set start time: You can set starting time by clicking the up and down button in the Set Start Time box and click OK. Remember that you can just change the time where the cursor is. Or you could click the first icon under the preview window and the start time will be shown in the Set Start Time box automatically.

Set end time: You can set ending time by clicking the up and down button in the Set End Time box and click OK. Remember that you can just change the time where the cursor is. Or you could click the second icon under the preview window and the end time will be shown in the Set End Time box automatically.

After you set the end time, the length of the captured clip will be shown in the selected length box for your reference.

Step Three: Video Effects
    Click to enter the effect window. Our iOrgSoft GPhone Video Converter allows you to set brightness, contrast and saturation. You could select the play effect such as: Gray, Emboss or Old films and then adjust it to get the best effect as you need.There are also other two icons: left-right and up-down. Click the first button, you will find the image changed from right to left. The up-down button is for you to turn over the image and enjoy the funny.
    If it is necessary, you may lick “Reset” to cancel the settings.

Step Four: Video Cropping
    Click Crop in the main menu to go to the crop window. The video you select will be displayed automatically. You may click Suspend button to stop it. There are four crop values on the lower left part of the crop window: Up, Down, Left and right. You can set each value to crop your video and the crop frame will move accordingly.
    Before you start to crop your video, you can select an output aspect ratio from the Zoom list. There are four choices available: Original, Full screen, 16:9 and 4:3. Click default to cancel the schedule as necessary.
    When you finish the cropping, you can see the effect in the previewing window.
    Step Five: Video Conversion
    When you finish all the necessary settings, you can click the Convert icon at the bottom of the window to start converting the file. Click the Stop button to cancel the process as required. You can view the conversion progress from the progress bar.
    Ok, we have already finished the whole process of converting Video files to GPhone. Now, You will experience a new lifestyle. Just Free download and enjoy it.
  21. Ryan Pringnitz

Ryan Pringnitz New Member

Handbrake - Freeware - HandBrake

Video Conversion process for Droid

1. Select your source
    2. Select your destination output
    3. Right hand column select Iphone legacy
    4. Under Video tab select H.264 as the "Video Codec", also under output settings chose MP4.
    5. Personally I have been using 1200kbps as an average bitrate with great results.
    6. Under Advanced tab change reference frames to 1, Subpixel Motion Estimation to 8
    7. Click "Start" and your video will encode.

I have had great results with these settings above using that freeware program.
  22. Mixednutt

Mixednutt Member

I'm going with this one. Right now the program is encoding my entire library. Ya, slowly, but it's doing it. And setting it up was real easy. Also, setting it to work was fast.
  23. DankyDroid

DankyDroid Well-Known Member

Well, I am probably just ********, but I have tried over and over to download handbrake and have gloriously failed everytime. I am running xp, I get the download, but then when I go to install, I get an error, something like, "you are stupid blah blah..." sorry can't remember the exact error message, but I am trying as I type this and I will be able to post it ver batum here in a minute I am guessing. This is the one I want, anyone had any issues getting it besides me?:mad:

edit::

Fantastic, here it is

NSIS Error
    Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download or damaged media. Contact the installers author to obtain a new copy.

WTF? Anyone? I would really like to get this program.
  24. mikeinsf

mikeinsf New Member

Yeah, and this lovely software will also attempt to install adware on your box: TrojanClicker:Win32/Yabector.B

Reference: http://www.microsoft.com/Security/p...ntry.aspx?Name=TrojanClicker:Win32/Yabector.B

Thankfully MSE castrated it on entry.

25. Mixednutt

Mixednutt Member

*****Update*****

This program is still working great. I just encoded a couple new shows at 640x480 (to preserve the original aspect ratio) and 1000kbps at 25 frames/sec and the quality is just great. So crisp, clear, no artifacts, high quality sound and video. I'm so happy I could lay down and die.