• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best video converter app

New to the board but been around awhile. Ive gotta say i have tried numerous converters and none of them work or are to complex for an average person. Snowfox, Catalyst, SUPER and so on. Is there ANY converter that is simple, allows you to take a .wmv from a digital copy and select a preset format to convert to work on a Moto Droid or a DROID X?call me simple or call me lazy but SUPER seems to be the best but it's like reading stereo instructions in chinese when youre from holland. :p

Upvote 0
I hav to be honest...I've used Handbrake for nearly 2 years now, have easily backed up all my DVDs into MKV files, and since getting Hero have converted some of my MKVs into MP4's, all without choppy playback.

I admit Handbrake is a good free one that can convert just about anything to MP4 and MKV. But just for MP4 and MKV and I think it's difficult to use. I'm using Enolsoft video converter right now. It's able to convert all videos between various formats easy to use. It can set up video/audio quality or other (resolution, bitrate, codec....) .Very becomes me.

Upvote 0
Can someone out there give me step by step directions on how to do this?

As you are new here, I will give you some advice. Please do a search. This has been answered MANY MANY times on here already. Look in the Droid X subforum, or here in the Media forum. I know I have personally answered this question dozens of times. And FYI, the steps are the same for ANY device. The only thing that's different is the resolution of your phone's screen.

Upvote 0
Trying to work out the best settings for my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 (using handbrake) Anyone have suggestions?
Resolution - keep this max up to 800p, like 1280:800. You can also use 720p HD resolution, not a big difference.

For the rest you can use the settings I've put in Handbrake guide (link in my signature, see my first post in this topic).

There is more fine tuning available if you want, but these settings should be good enough for most users.

Upvote 0
mobo player you dont have to do anything it will convert it for you all you do is click what you want to watch
MoboPlayer is not a converter. It is a universal video player that is able to decode many video formats.
However, there are videos that are too complex to decode for MoboPlayer. In this case, a video converter is needed to make the video playable for the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones