Best Video converter for HTC hero?

Last Updated:

1. killtheaquitted

killtheaquitted Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I am looking for a video converter for some avi movies I have on my comp. I use videora now but it doesn't have a hero setting and videos are too large for the hero screen and the sound lags. Does anyone know of a better converter or have all of the video specs so I can input them manually (i tried but it went over my head). Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. greatcasa

greatcasa Active Member

I downloaded doubleTwist a couple of days ago to my PC and it works great. You just plug in your android/Blackberry/iPhone/Pretty much any smart phone, and then locate files in the program and the just click and drag to your device that shows up in the program and then let it sync. It automatically sizes and compresses the video perfectly for your device.

3. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Ditto, I love it!

4. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Well-Known Member

Personally, I've tried multiple video converters, including Double Twist, and I cannot, for teh life of me, get any videos to play flawlessly from my sd card.

5. killtheaquitted

NICE! thanks!

6. greatcasa

greatcasa Active Member

Nothing is every going to be flawless when your taking a hi resolution large video file and compressing it for size and screen size. However I think doubleTwist gets it pretty damn close.

7. ToxicToastKatz

Every time I try to play a video from SD, regardless of video settings, the audio plays, but the video is frozen. Not lagging....just frozen on the first scene. It will play for about 2 seconds and then stop as the audio continues.

8. Helix360

Helix360 Member

Give Handbrake a try..Oh....and it's free! It does a great job.
    btw you must rip your video first. Video size is around 600mb from a 2:00hr movie.

9. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member

Concur... Handbrake is indeed superb!

I run it on my MAC and rip using the settings for the iphone (I know) which work perfectly and provide very clean video/audio on my Hero.

/BD :cool:

10. killtheaquitted

what are the A/V specs for the hero, that language goes over my head!

11. ElAguila

ElAguila Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is a "best". I am currently using Format Factory and using the preset mp4 setting and I get good playback. I have found that if I remove my weatherbug widget then I can get flawless playback.

12. Helix360

Helix360 Member

It's a little overwhelming at first. I spent a whole evening trying to figure it out. The settings I use is: Iphone/Itouch and check the box "use aspect ratio" that is basicaly it.
    Good Luck

13. ToxicToastKatz

I've tried Handbrake as well. Also got rid of all the "updating" widgets as was suggested in another thread. Can't seem to get it to work. oh well.

14. Helix360

Helix360 Member

Looks good!! I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the link.

15. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

I also use HandBreak. I use the default settings for I phone and convert to mp4. I used it with my Instinct that I had before. It worked with that phone too, but I had to mess with the settings. The videos that I had on the other phone play but don't look near as good as the ones that I did for this phone.

16. milkyway

milkyway Member

Here I find another m2ts video converter which could convert between all popular Video formats ( AVI, MKV, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG etc.) and HD Video formats even flash videos that support all popular portable media players such as Andriod, Blackberry, and Nokia phones, Google Nexus One, iPod Touch 3, iPod Nano 5G, iPhone 3GS/OS 3.1, Apple tablet iPad.