Best Video Player App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackburnt, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    What is everyone's recommendation for video player apps? I tried a few last night (Act 1, Meridian, mVideoPlayer, stock) and wasn't 100% sold on any of them. mVideoPlayer was probably the most impressive, but none of them saved where I was on exit.

Basically, I have two wants from an app:

1) Saved where I left off
    2) Turn off the button lights during playback

I'd prefer free, but wouldn't we all.

What do you all use?

As a side note, I played a movie I converted with Handbrake and it looked amazing. Had only one lip-sync loss and it was fixed by pausing and restarting.

Advertisement

2. jackburnt

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    Looks like the Act1 does remember. However, can't figure out how to turn off the button's glow.

Guess I'll keep playing with it.

3. CeeJayII

CeeJayII Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Turning off bottom LEDs is possible if rooted. Meridian saves where I left off, not sure what ur experience has been. It saves for me every time.

4. Coogi

Coogi Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Wireless Consultant
    New Prague, MN
    I like just the basic Video Player, works and does what I need. Not the best but good enough!

5. jackburnt

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    Yours does save it? Perhaps I was switching out too much (trying them all) and it messed up. I'll stick to one for a few days and make my decision then.

And my phone is rooted. Any suggestions on turning off the bottom lights? They're annoying when I'm watching something in bed.

6. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I use Act 1 and I got it for FFFRRRREEEEEEE. If you go to four, the number, shared dot com and search apk you will find alot.

7. CeeJayII

CeeJayII Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Search the market for LEDs Hack. It will allow you to turn off the lights on a rooted phone.