• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Video Player App

jackburnt

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Auburn, AL
What is everyone's recommendation for video player apps? I tried a few last night (Act 1, Meridian, mVideoPlayer, stock) and wasn't 100% sold on any of them. mVideoPlayer was probably the most impressive, but none of them saved where I was on exit.

Basically, I have two wants from an app:

1) Saved where I left off
2) Turn off the button lights during playback

I'd prefer free, but wouldn't we all.

What do you all use?

As a side note, I played a movie I converted with Handbrake and it looked amazing. Had only one lip-sync loss and it was fixed by pausing and restarting.

Turning off bottom LEDs is possible if rooted. Meridian saves where I left off, not sure what ur experience has been. It saves for me every time.
Yours does save it? Perhaps I was switching out too much (trying them all) and it messed up. I'll stick to one for a few days and make my decision then.

And my phone is rooted. Any suggestions on turning off the bottom lights? They're annoying when I'm watching something in bed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones