Best way for seamless communication through iMessage and Nexus 7?

Last Updated: 2012-12-28 13:37:47
  1. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Just bought the daughter a Nexus 7 (Wifi Only) for Christmas. Communicating with her though Google Talk is easy and not a problem because I use Android for everything. Although, my whole family and ex-wife are still iPhone users. What's the easiest way for everyone to be able to communicate with my daughter though message/text type forms? Something that won't require any extra steps for iPhone users or if my daughter messages their iMessage email they will receive it in their Messages?

Advertisement
  2. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

3. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I think you are going to have a problem finding anything if it has to work specifically with iMessage. Google services are cross platform. Google+, Google Talk, Etc are cross platform and can be used regardless of device. There are other apps that work on multiple platforms.

Unfortunately, Apple keeps everything closed. iMessage is only on Apple devices.
  5. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Set her up with a number on Google Voice, she can use the Google Voice app (or web site) to send text messages. If she needs to group chat through text messages - look into GroupME. Using the app she can set up chat groups that doesn't require anyone else to sign up for to use (they would just reply to the group conversation thread).