Best way to avoid butt-dialing?General

1. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

I am told I often biutt-dial, sometimes I am on the phone for hours.
    I carry my eris is in a belt holser.

So what is the best way to avoid unwanted dialings?

Usually it butt-dials the last number I called.

Peter

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Activate your phone's lock screen.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Free app in the Market called Call Confirm...(just posted about this yesterday too, I think). Works great!
  4. H2342

H2342 Well-Known Member

Call confirm is great....I tell everyone I know who has the Eris to download that app
    scary alien likes this.
  5. scary alien

Thanks for backing me up re. this...:) [I used this app on my Eris and it was awesome...haven't had to use it on my Droid X since the screen is much bigger and seems less prone to accidental selection (quite the opposite sometimes, lol, I have to hit a little green phone icon in Dialer One that I use)].
  6. lakeside

lakeside Well-Known Member

Butt-Dialing?! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
  7. scary alien

Lol! A Google image search (with SafeSearch set to "moderate", of course) returned a few humorous (and PG-13) images...here's a cute (and more importantly, safe) one:

[​IMG]

(although, I suspect Peter's cat would take care of this little critter :eek:)
  8. Peter123

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded call confirm.
    Peter
  9. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

All you have to do is lock your phone before you stick it in your pocket/belt clip. Problem solved.
  10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Setting up an unlock pattern would also pretty much eliminate it. Its generally a good idea to do this anyway for security.
  11. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

Use the stock sense ROM and you won't be making ANY calls, butt or otherwise. :p

In all seriousness I've never done this. It seems unlikely that you could unlock the phone and dial by accident. :confused:
  12. lakeside

lakeside Well-Known Member

Seriously, since the writer of this thread really wants help, I recommend Call Confirm too!

I installed that app shortly after I bought my Eris and continue to use it even after rooting my phone.

It's an added layer that minimizes butt-dialing, crotch-dialing (when d phone is in front pants pckt!), accidental swipes, screen touches, or the occasional urge to just fondle ur newly purchased android phone underneath the table during Extremely, LONG AND BORING MEETINGS THAT SEEM TO BE TOLERATED IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!!!:p
  13. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Seems there is more than one Call Confirm in the market now.
    I recommend the one by fa.

It not only has the call confirm feature, but also a block unwanted calls settings.

[​IMG] Show off

:D
  14. Peter123

I think I do know now how the "butt dialing" happens.
    And BTW I always lock the phone before I holster it.

So this is what is happening:
    I finish the call I hang up (or the other party hangs up).
    The phone dialer is still open! (BTW, I think, when phone call is over the dialer should close automatically.)
    At this point I close the dialer by pressing the the back button, and at this moment perhaps I am thiick-fingering the dial button. I hit the power button and holster the phone. And it is making a phone call.
    Call confirm of course helps to avoid this mistake.
    Peter
  15. isherwood

isherwood Well-Known Member

I tried Call Confirm and realized it wouldn't work in any Bluetooth scenario, which is a deal beaker. I have an X-link gateway at home and a phone>gps>helmet headset setup on my motorcycle, and either are broken with the app running since I can't hit the confirm button.

I use Dialer One, which has a built-in confirmation step but doesn't cause problems when on Bluetooth devices.
  16. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Have you tried just taking your butt aside, sitting down and having a heart-to-heart talk with it about all this dialing it's doing behind your back?

:D
    snorander and Lild304 like this.
  17. beller

beller Member

Do you have Android >= 2.1 ? Do you have proximity sensor ?

try the better droid call confirm with transparent call confirmation, you can call by only move your phone to your ear by use of proximity sensor: Droid Call Confirm Pro - Android app on AppBrain
  18. noah way

noah way Well-Known Member

The correct term is "booty call".