• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best way to backup roms

killerb777

Sep 23, 2010
Finally got my Liberty 1.5 the way I like it. What is the best way to backup my current rom setup. I have a backup of all my apps on titanium backup but I wasn't sure how to backup my rom setup. Is rom manager the way to go or bootstrap, etc... If I ever decide to try say apex or other roms, I'd like to have the option to easily go back to my current setup.

Finally got my Liberty 1.5 the way I like it. What is the best way to backup my current rom setup. I have a backup of all my apps on titanium backup but I wasn't sure how to backup my rom setup. Is rom manager the way to go or bootstrap, etc... If I ever decide to try say apex or other roms, I'd like to have the option to easily go back to my current setup.

I personally prefer bootstrap ....just open it go into clockwork recovery then scroll to backup/restore and select backup ..let it do its thing then reboot when finished ....very simple

Reactions: killerb777
Upvote 0
I prefer RM since it's easier to see all your backups and it's easy to use logical file names.

stock_2.3.340_12-08-2010 means more to me than 20101208110423.

If you use recovery, you'll have to use root explorer or RM to rename that backup.

This is what my backups look like in Rom Manager:

rom_manager_2.jpg
rom_manager_1.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones