• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best way to backup...

I use astro to backup my apps to microsd, then manually copy the contents of the card to my pc after connecting the phone in usb drive mode.

there is also a program stored on the sd card that installs HTC sync on your pc, which allows you to sync contacts and apps etc, but I havent had much luck with it so far as it couldnt see my email progran to get contacts from it.

Upvote 0
I use astro to backup my apps to microsd, then manually copy the contents of the card to my pc after connecting the phone in usb drive mode.

there is also a program stored on the sd card that installs HTC sync on your pc, which allows you to sync contacts and apps etc, but I havent had much luck with it so far as it couldnt see my email progran to get contacts from it.

Thanks, but apart from HTC sync software, I am looking for something similar to Nokia PC Suite where I can easily take/create a backup point/file which has my contacts, SMS's and more importantly my phone settings, profile. So in case I reset not only phone but lost my data on SD card, then I should be able to restore everything

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones