Best way to convert CD to mp3 and tag tracks?

1. ten2o3

ten2o3 Active Member

I am looking for the best way to convert cds to mp3, and move them to my droid. Also wondering if, while converting files, would it automatically make the id3 tag?

Advertisement
  2. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

itunes?
  3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

iTunes??? lol... this is Android baby!!! hahahaaha

Just Kidding, don't Flame me.

Anyway, I have always used Winamp... it is the best, never a problem, adds correctly all the tag information. I still haven't ripped my entire CD collection (400+cd's) but am well over 100+ cd's and only one, (1) wouldn't rip. (Frank Sinatra) lol. Winamp does a nice job, creates the folder, can setup playlist files too, album art, etc.

I recommend Winamp.
  4. Tiggybot

Tiggybot Well-Known Member

I've been burning CDs for years and have always found CDex to be a great little program for burning MP3s. It does tags and give you the ability to change the tag and title options. If you want to change tags on existing MP3 files I use a program called MP3tag Its great if you want to change a lot of tags at the same time. Both are free which also makes them even better.
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That's 'cos Frank is waaaay too cool for digital. :cool:

+1 for Winamp, although CDex looks lean and mean. @Tiggybot: Nice find! :)
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer EAC and LAME but that may be a more manual process than what the OP is looking for. Plus, setup is a bit involved. It really depends on what your priorities are. There are many options out there.

Nothing says you can't use iTunes and Android. I do -- but my primary media player is an iPod. The Droid has a subset of my music on it.
  7. fred114

fred114 New Member

You should look at Media Monkey as well. Pretty good program.
  8. REMilk

REMilk Member

I use Audacity with LAME (for MP3).
  9. 24bear

24bear Member

10. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I use Linux so I just downloaded a disc ripper (there are many) and a ID3 (EasyTAG I think it is called) tag editor. After I finished that I would just transfer the files to the card on my Eris.