Best way to get the Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been using a Touch Pro 2 since November and I absolutely hate it. I am really looking forward to having another Android phone with enough power to actually run applications.

I am not due for an upgrade until the end of July and there is no way I can wait that long. This phone sucks too bad.

Am I going to have to eat dirt and just pay the 599$ price tag, or is there a way I can get a better deal on it?

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it...or wait until someone throws one up on craigslist/ebay

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah if you want to have it right away you will have to if you can wait like a week or so usually thats when they start to pop up on ebay and craigslist.

4. Card Shark

Card Shark Member

My contract is up on the 29th haha! But wondering what the upgrade discount will be? And also how much I will have to pay per month.. Currently using the 40bucks a month plan..But I know data adds 30 dollars a month to that and with tax would be 75 bucks a month..Someone said you add to pay even more for different package before you could add the data plan?

5. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I don't think so...I think you can simply add the data plan onto the current $40 a month plan that you have. You won't have texting included but with a Google Voice account, you can get that for free anyway.

6. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

I think there would be a subsidized price for verizon customers.....there ussually is.... Like if the upgrade price is 149.99 then the regular price will be 199.99.....that what i think though...maybe that is only online though

7. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

You could just add a line to your existing account, $10 more a month, and get the promotional price. Then if your cancellation fee on your current line isn't too much and you don't want to pay the extra $10 for the new line, cancel original line, pay the fee, and you're still cheaper than the probably $599 retail price. So $199 contract pricing for Incredible, plus cancellation fee(mine is $150), and there you go $350 or so. Still $250 cheaper than buying outright.

Only downside, you lose your current phone number.....no big deal though.

8. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

I think the new ETF is $350.

9. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hope so, but doubtful. If I login to my account and try to buy a Droid, it shows up as $599.

10. heyeaglefn

heyeaglefn Well-Known Member

This is correct, ETF is $350 to prevent people from adding lines to get smart phones, selling/transferring smart phones to other lines, then canceling additional line in 30 days.

Only way will be MSRP price or Ebay/Craigslsit.