Best way to make a phone call?Support

Last Updated:

1. sidewalkshoes

sidewalkshoes Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, this is probably the stupidest question ever, but what is the best way to make a phone call?

I am coming from a BB Curve and when I wanted to call my husband, I just pushed the letter T (his name is Tim) and it would pop up with my T contacts and I would hit go and it would call him.

Now, on the droid, I hit the phone icon, then hit contacts, then scroll through all the way down to T and select him there.

Is there a better way?

And I did search the forums, but the questions having to do with making calls were all way more complicated than this one!

I love this phone, but it has quite a learning curve!

Advertisement
  2. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

There are a few different options. You can make a shortcut to a specific contact (if there are one or two ppl you call frequently, put their shortcut on one of your home screens).
    Also, in the "contacts" menu, one of the tabs is "Favorites" - which displays the contacts you call most often.
    I'm sure there are several other ways, but I'm just learning to use the DX, and it's my first Android phone.

3. blink

blink Well-Known Member

If you want ot search for him (as hitting "T" on your BB would), open up the Contacts app, hit your hard "Search" button, then hit "T" or continue typing till you find the desired name. Also, do keep in mind for you most frequently contacted people, you can make them a favorite by clicking on the star in the contact info screen. Also, you can create a "Contact quick tasks" widget from the "Motorola Widgets" on your home screen so you can just tap the widget and call, text, email, etc him.

4. Markdek

Markdek Well-Known Member

With a phone.:)