Best way to purchase music?Support

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way for us to buy music, as simple as apple has made it?

Id love to hear a song and run to buy it if i want to, and it ends up on my sdcard as an mp3 preferably so i can save to my pc as backup

Does amazon mp3 work like this? or is there another app?

Advertisement
  2. cortecds

cortecds Well-Known Member

Amazon works pretty good. You just connect to a pc and open the folder and drag the song to your pc. Or there are apps like doubletwist that will help you sync.

3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I like Rhapsody, it's a subscription service (and streaming only for android at the moment, but they've said downloading will becoming "soon"). They have a pretty big library, and you get unlimited streaming/downloads for the monthly fee.

I've been very happy with them (I've been a member for 6 years), and that might be an option (or not, Just thought I'd mention it).

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Well-Known Member

As much as I hate Apple; I haven't found anything better than iTunes(Though, may replace my iPod with a Cowon, Sandisk, or Samsung unit). My main reason for choosing iTunes is (besides being part of the iPod's system) because they seem to have a larger library, for me at least(especially foreign songs), and I like the format they sell it in(VBR vs. CBR). Matter of fact the only songs I've bought from iTunes are songs I couldn't find anywhere else.

As of right now I believe Amazon MP3 is the only other option; I know Last.fm uses Amazon MP3 which IMO is a pretty cool integration.

5. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

There are many MP3 download apps that allow you to search songs and either preview (stream) or download to your SD card.

ADAR MP3 is one. If you can get it for free (assuming you are not profiting from it), why not?

6. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

Best way to get music is to go to your local library and check out free CDs.

7. Jevid

Jevid Well-Known Member

Here's my vote for Amazon too. Even thought I still use iTunes to manage my music at home (I do have an iPod as well as my Incredible) I buy all my music from Amazon. The Amazon Download program you install on your PC works great. You can set it up to automatically move your downloaded music into iTunes so the management portion is easy. If you follow AmazonMP3 on twitter, or look in the Amazon MP3 app on your phone everyday, you'll see that they have a daily download deal, frequently $2.99-$3.99 for either a new release, or a classic disc. They also frequently have a free song to download. And even if you pay full price through Amazon MP3, they are generally cheaper than Apple. Just my two cents...

8. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I vote for Amazon MP3 as well. I actually use it with iTunes. If I find an album I want on my phone, I buy it and it downloads to my phone automatically. Then I sync with my computer and it uploads the media directly to iTunes on my computer.

9. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

amazon or itunes....or what you actually pay to download music these days? lmao

10. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

using amazon it saves to my phone as an mp3?

thats pretty awesome, i think i will def be doing that then.

Thanks everyone

11. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

12. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

how is the amazon mp3 app that Verizon snuck in on us with Froyo? any good?

13. Jevid

Jevid Well-Known Member

A question for you on this: how are you syncing your phone with your computer to get it to upload into iTunes? I've been buying stuff from Amazon MP3 on my phone, but I just manually drag it over to my PC and import it into iTunes. I'm looking for an automatic way to transfer the music from my phone to my PC.

Thanks -