best way to reduce screen/app lag?

Last Updated:

1. gobirds895

gobirds895 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

II'm running Sapphire 1.0 with incognito theme on my droid, and its a great ROM, but I keep getting some pretty lengthy screen and application loading lags that are getting frustrating. Some apps are randomly force closing too, specifically.Maps. I'm just wondering if there's a way to reduce all this in some of the setup/settings/spare parts, or if there is a ROM best for transition speed and minimum lag. Any suggestions? Or maybe a kernel issue?

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

sorry to say this but .... you just gotta play around and find what works for your Droid.
    I like Lithium Mod w/P3's standard voltage 1200 kernel set to 400/850 I have some very slight lag at times but not much really.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting !!!

3. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

hey gnath9, whats the point of running something speedy like a 1200 kernel at a top speed of 850? In that case, why not just run the stock kernel as your throttling back that kernel by about 30% and using the standard voltage kernel.. so not seeing what your getting over stock 2.2 jump that was provided?

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I loaded the rom thru rom manager and I chose the kernel thru the prompts. I have slingplayer and do alot of streaming. My phone gets too warm at 1.2ghz and drains the battery way too fast. I have just settled at 400min (helps reduce lag) and 850max (keeps it cool) as a happy medium :rolleyes:
    I have been meaning to load jdlfg's 800mhz kernel but have been lazy I guess :p

I should prolly just add a profile to set 850max while charging since I only watch TV in the cardock.Then I could leave it at 1200

5. Lock-N-Load

bingo.. or set a profile IF it reaches temp X then reduce speed, but why not use the speed as long as you can as much as you can and then kick it back if the temp gets to high.

6. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

on my last rom I got great battery life with jdlfg's kernel so I really need to try one of his out on this rom !!!

7. Lock-N-Load

FWIW.. I am using his 1.2 right now, first and only 1.2 that ever worked stable for me, and I nearly tried them all.

gnath9 likes this.
  8. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

alrighty then ..... I must charge up and check them out !!! :p