• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best way to root evo, auto root? unrevoked? whats your opinions.

Had a hero such I rooted and unrooted successfuly, now that I got my evo, such is awesome, not to worried about custom roms, but do miss some of my rooted apps and my WiFi, and wanna get rid of the crappy bloatware on installed on here, so with this I ask such method is the most stable way of doing it, and most recommend, I have been reading and watching videos so much my head hurts, ha.. thanks for a point in the right direction..

unrevoked

Follow this step by step guide.. Rooting for Dummies you really cant go wrong. It doesnt mean youre a dummy haha its just pretty much a perfect guide.
And then it has everything you need to know after rooting to do anything you want to your phone.
Many have followed this guide and it works flawlessly. Its stickied on top of this page of threads.

Let us know if you have any questions at all.

Upvote 0
You can also remove bloatware through Titanium, it is recommended that you freeze it though because some of it can mess with other features of the phone such as syncing. I would say to just flash a ROM that has the stuff you don't need removed already, or you can delete what you don't want but just make sure you have a backup incase you accidentally delete something you need.

Reactions: flacraker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones