Best way to sell on the Desire

1. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

Up-dated to the One X a few weeks ago, so looking at selling the 'phone on. As I see it my options are

1 - sell on eBay as stock
    2 - sell on eBay as rooted - which ROM tho'?
    3 - sell to Mazuma or similar

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

If you are fine with using eBay, and know how to host a good auction then that is where you will get most money. Some people, myself included, don't like selling on eBay so that's just personal choice.

Personally, I'd sell it as rooted s-off but put it back to a stock rom (as in stock rom, maintaining root). That way they have root capability but don't have some ROM that differs from the (HTC) advertised software. In addition (assuming you go eBay) I'd offer them the option of you returning it to stock or putting something like CM7 on it.

I wouldn't advise Mazuma. It's quick cash, but not good value. Even others like CEX which still aren't good value offer better prices than them.

For example (assuming unlocked and reasonable condition), Mazuma would give
    rod9669 likes this.
  3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Would agree totally with what William has said.

Mines gonna be gently placed in a silk lined box so I can take it out and stroke it now and again :)
  4. Duv

Duv Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of keeping mine and using it as an attempt to get into more development stuff on I upgrade
  5. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member

I have said elsewhere, there are so many Desire contracts ending now that their value must have lowered by the quantity available.
    Forget Mazuma et al, sell on ebay, gumtree or even in your local newsagents.
    rod9669 likes this.
  6. TV!

TV! Well-Known Member

I just punted mine yesterday through O2 recycle.

Sent it yesterday special delivery @ 2.30pm and got a text at 11.15am this morning saying they had received it and that I should have my cheque in a couple of days
  7. rod9669

8. rod9669

Just another observation / question - is there any way of telling Google Play that I don't have the deire any more? It still comes up as an option when I download apps from the laptop
  9. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

Load Google Play
    Top right, click the settings / cog icon
    My orders and devices
    Devices Tab
    On whatever phone, untick "shown in menus"
    BarnumC likes this.