Best way to sell this phone?

Last Updated:

1. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's the best way to sell this phone aside from eBay? I see they go used for $500-650 on eBay, but my eBay score is merely "11"

Don't want it anymore. It sucks unlocked on AT&T and I've decided not to head over to T-Mobile. I'll be getting the Desire or iPhone 4G.

Advertisement
  2. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

You should be ashamed of yourself.

3. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For being tired of Edge network and getting the text or Facebook message, "I called you and it went straight to voicemail" (with no missed call notification, btw) by countless people on a daily basis? No way.

Again, I'm not bashing the phone. If I had T-Mobile this would be a great phone. But I don't. I have AT&T and will remain with AT&T for its far better network. Therefore, this phone aside from eye candy is useless to me. The Desire is basically the Nexus One on AT&T. Might give that a shot.

4. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I was just being blunt (I mean smoking).

No but really, I understand, its a bit different over here. I'm in Southern California and I get GREAT service from T-MO. As opposed to a friend of mine who has an iPhone with ATT, he gets dropped calls at least 5 times a week.

5. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

craigslist? just gotta weed out scammers...i would use ebay personally. if you dont want to personally sell it, take it to an ebay lister and pay them their commission. plus if you force the buyer to use paypal, thats an extra level of protection

6. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

I've sold a number of phones on Craigslist. Just stipulate in the ad that you'll do cash and local pickup only. If you have Google Voice, use that number for communicating with buyers. It's safer than giving random people your real phone number.

7. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

Wasn't there something about the Nexus One model with AT&T bands a while ago?

8. Ayrow

Ayrow Well-Known Member

I'm sorry,....I about fell out of my chair laughing from this comment.

"..remain with AT&T for its far better network."

ROFLMAO!

Clueless. Totally clueless. You need to pick a Consumer Reports magazine or something and do some reading.

9. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

But it's got more bars in more places [/sarcasm].

I wouldn't be caught dead with AT&T ever again, if for nothing other than their TERRIBLE customer service.

10. mandroid 5.0

mandroid 5.0 Member

i understand your plea, but dont get the desire.

11. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I would sell it on ebay.

What's the problem with having a score of 11? Have they changed the rules for phones again?

12. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

You know what? AT&T's network is better than T-Mobile. It's overwhelmed in some places, like San Francisco and New York, but in a lot of places it's pretty good. I've had all four major carriers in the past year, and guess who's network was best where I live? Yep, AT&T.

And they do actually have the fastest 3G speeds. Even Gizmodo had to grudgingly admit that after their speedtests. Don't assume the hype is accurate; look into it before you give someone a hard time.

13. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

You lucky sob. Ny/nj Service blows. I will admit easily that the network is fast. But it is an all or none thing- either it works and is fast or it doesn't and you have no service. And it is just unreliable as a primary line.

14. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Isn't that ass-backward? In a major city, with most carriers you're supposed to get better speeds.

15. murdros

murdros Active Member

You would think but I think the more people on a network in a certain place/tower the slower it goes. Remember the whole NYC thing with the iPhone... That was a great day! :cool:

16. EmmaL

EmmaL New Member

I see what you did there.

Sent from Amsterdam.

;)

17. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

This is like saying that you bought a Ferrari knowing it only had a Honda engine in it, and now you are wondering why it does not perform the way it should. You probably should have never bought the nexus knowing you are with att and stuck on edge. But to answer your original question go with Craigslist. I have sold my last 2 phones there. And its free. Just be ready to deal with all the scam emails.