Best way to store a battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. gornul

gornul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my new Bidallies 1500 in, installed, and charged. I'm probably never going back to my stock 1350, but I'm unsure what to do with it. Obviously I want to keep it in case I ever have problems with the Bidallies, but what's the best way to actually store it? Full charge, half charge? In a desk drawer at room temperature or in the freezer or something?

Anyone got answers on this one?

Advertisement
  2. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member

Charge it, place it in a cool, dry place where the temperature doesnt fluctuate too much - preferably not below 50 degrees F or above 90 degrees F.

Otherwise - it should be fine sitting in a desk draw in a room that is normally air conditioned during the summer and heated in the winter.

this would be over kill - but every 6 months or less - I would through it in a charger.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

The optimum charge to store a battery with Li-Ion/Polymer chemistry is half charge. Full charge or dead will hurt the battery over time just sitting there. This is why batteries ship with a half charge, since that's best for storage.

bjanow likes this.
  4. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Half charge. Keep it cool, not hot. It will very slowly lose charge, so recharge some every few months. If it completely loses charge, its toast.

5. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I've always heard it should be about 40% charged, sealed in a plastic bag with some silica gel or other desiccant to avoid condensation, and stored in the fridge.