Best way to sync from Outlook to an Android phone? Converting from Palm.

Last Updated:

1. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 12, 2010

Here's my current setup which I'm assuming I may have to modify.
    Current Phone: Palm Centro

I have an external email account and a Gmail account. My Gmail account is setup to check my other account via Gmail's POP3 system. I then use MS Outlook to check my Gmail account.

All my data is in Outlook. Calendar, Contacts, and emails.

I'm getting a new Android phone and need to get the same contacts and such onto there.

Technically, the same emails that are in Outlook are in Gmail so that's not a problem.
    I also use Google's Calendar sync program so my outlook calendar is also in Gmail so I assume that wouldn't be a problem either.

This leaves me with my contacts.
    Is there a preferred program that will sync my outlook contacts to Gmail like I do with my calendar? Or is there some other way that people have used that works just as well? I will continue to use Outlook as my primary contact/calendar management program but just want everything to sync across to the phone.

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Home | - because Androids need a good Outlook sync

And if you search there's quite a bit of discussion on all the Android forum sites. From skimming, I have yet to see an overall "best" which would be tricky to name anyway since different people have different needs/wants even on this particular matter.