1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Best way to transfer files?General

1. LilianTepes

LilianTepes Well-Known Member

As a AndroidNewbie, I was wondering; what is the best way to transfer files (music etc) to the Note 3?
    Samsung seems to have its own program, Kies, but when I had my Nokia N8, I never used the Nokia's program as it was TERRIBLE, is this the case with Kies too? :confused:

I tought I'll ask you this, before I get the phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Samsung actually has a special version of Kies for use with this phone.

It seems to work pretty well once you get past the learning curve.

An app that works over your wife connection is Airdroid, in the play store. Free and paid versions. Learning curve with them as well.
    LilianTepes likes this.
  3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The best way to transfer files (for me, personally) is a wired connection. Much more faster transfer rates and reliable connection especially if it is USB3.0 and you have a USB3.0 port.

Heck if Samsung gave me USB to Ethernet connectivity, I'd be jumping all over it. I do not like Wi-Fi and have most of my network hardwired. The only advantage Wi-Fi has is convenience, that's it.

One would only download and install KIES to get the proper drivers installed on the PC/notebook. Even though it uses MTP, you can still access it as a device/camera and move files simply by drag and drop. You do not need to have KIES running/open to do this.
    LilianTepes likes this.
  4. toptobottom

toptobottom Well-Known Member

@dustwun77
    LMAO

Sometimes I wish my wife connection was a bit more reliable. Hmmm, maybe it's time to look around and see if I can get a better wife connection from some other provider. :D
    dustwun77 likes this.
  5. toptobottom

Lilian,

You could opt to use a micro SD card adapter which you can just put into your computer>locate the drive letter for it and copy/paste back & forth. If you're not too savvy with removing the back cover and micro sd card, have someone show you and it becomes an easy to do task.
    LilianTepes likes this.
  6. LilianTepes

:D Remeber to ask them for the NagAFree Anti-Nag package to go with that!
    dustwun77 likes this.
  7. toptobottom

@lilian
    Love your humor! You must be my equal across the pond!!!

I would also make sure that the new provider doesn't take longer than 1 minute for a complete file transfer. I don't have the patience for anything longer than that at my age. :smokingsomb:
  8. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Oops... :)
  9. LilianTepes

Thank you! I just could not resist.. :D