1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

best weather app or widgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Laura879

Laura879 New Member

Hi there just got my phone samsung Galaxy S and trying to find a weather app or widget that updates you weather where you are.

i dont want alerts though just the weather on the phone also no bugs

I have 2.2 version so not sure if that is of assistance to know ?

Any help would be great

kind regards
    Laura

Advertisement
  2. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

I'm using Accuweather Quick (widget) from the market and its pretty nice. Weathereye is one that I have used and is pretty good, Weatherbug is also another that is pretty popular and are all free in the market. So here are a few that I have used that you may want to try: Weathereye, Weatherbug, Fancy Widget, Accuweather Quick.
    Hope this helps.
    Laura879 likes this.
  3. mapleleaf-mick

mapleleaf-mick Well-Known Member

Buy "Beautiful Widgets". They are cheap and you get the best weather app in the business. In addition, you get all kinds of other goodies. No Android phone should be without it.
    Laura879 likes this.
  4. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

you may also try "weather forecast & clock widget" by ***od

[​IMG]
    Laura879 likes this.
  5. wobble99

wobble99 Well-Known Member

If you're in the UK or Europe you may find the bbc weather web site useful (BBC Weather)
    Laura879 likes this.
  6. Hallgarth

Hallgarth New Member

I've looked a a few and Weather Bug is the one for me.

Automatically detects current location but you can also store several others as favourites. Lots of info plus real-time wind speed and direction - sorry turning nerdy now so I'll stop.

It's good and what's more its free.
    Laura879 likes this.
  7. stylelite

stylelite Well-Known Member

Moxier world is also a good one, it has a 4 x 1 and a 4 x 2 widget.
    You can set it to show just your location or to scroll through multiple locations.
    It's free and in the market
    Laura879 likes this.
  8. Laura879

Laura879 New Member

I will try some of these you have proposed I am in Australia so maybe I should have mentioned this. Really appreciate your help. Also how do i know what sites I should stay away from in relation to apps or app providers . I want to avoid downloading viruses ?????
  9. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

you can find this in the android market.