• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Widgets/Apps?

I'll only respond to the ones where I've got a solution that I'm really happy with:

->Battery indicators/widgets?
Battery Left / Battery Left Pro
I have Pro to track my different batteries which vary in strength

->Music players?
Slacker Radio or AudioGalaxy for streaming. I'm still searching for my perfect widget to play music stored on my phone.

I've recently been digging Slacker Radio over Pandora because it allows you to hone in more specifically when customizing channels.

If you haven't checked out (the new) AudioGalaxy yet, I encourage you to do so. Basically it allows you to search and play music that is stored on your home computer from your phone (or other internet-enabled device). I've been using it for several weeks now - including in the car via 3G - and it works great. I have several thousand songs on my desktop, so it's great to be able to stream any of them from my work computer or phone.

->Social Networking (facebook/twitter) apps?
LauncherPro Friends
I actually liked Sense's FriendStream. But I'm using LauncherPro so that's not an option. Instead I upgraded to LauncherPro Plus to gain access to the LauncherPro Widgets. "Friends" is very similar to FriendStream, so that's what I'm using now.

->Calendar widgets?
Jorte
I wanted an actual calendar, not just a list of upcoming tasks/meetings. Jorte is very customizable, integrates beautifully with my multiple Google Calanders and doesn't seem to take much resources to run.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones