Best WIFI-Tether app

1. chetney

chetney Member

I did a search in the forum and didnt see anything.

Whats the best app for WIFI-Tether app on a rooted ZTE WARP?
    I would like to connect to a Laptop/Xbox/and another droid phone.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

3. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Pdanet works for wired tether. Wifi does not. If u are looking for a tether that works for, lets say, tablets or gaming systems, and not a computer, i haven't found one that works. If its just for a pc, use with tether for root users
  4. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

My Warp is rooted and I use Wireless Tether for Root Users by Muller, Lemons, Buxton from the market for FREE..it has worked flawlessly for me and it even shows the temp of your battery on the main screen so you know if its getting too hot:)
    3nd3r likes this.
  5. drvsbsm

drvsbsm Member

as mentioned above "Wireless Tether for Root Users", is the best I have found. I have also heard barnicale(sp?) is pretty good too. you might have to find a specific wpa_supplicant file for your device that you want to tether to, if you want to connect to say a tablet.

I don't know why but for some reason Google Android after it reached a certain OS they didn't want us to tether from our phone to our tablets. I was not able to until I got the modded wpa_ file and dropped it in the correct folder with root explorer, I'm just speaking on the tablets I have tried and that at least 10 of them I don't know if it will work with other tablets because it is a Honeycomb and ICS issue, that's got the file that needs replaced, so I would think all newer tablets need this modded wpa file, Probably because they are trying to sell 3 and 4G tablets so they don't want us to connect with our phone you can find more info if you Google WPA_SUPPLICANT but it can be done just find the modded wpa file for your device, you will need root access to drop the modded wpa file into the device your trying to tether to.

Now as far as for computers it will pick up right away you wont need the modded wpa_supplicant file. If you have a wireless connection on your PC you will see a new connection called something similar to AndriodTether.
  6. chetney

chetney Member

Thanks for the help.

I am getting my new warp on Thursday. I am comming the from the Samsung Prevail. Hoping i enjoy this new phone as much as i have the prevail.
  7. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

coming from the prevail, you will like it A LOOOOOOOOT better. SOO much more screen space and NO LAGGING whatsoever. You won't even get those nasty out of room errors for your apps :p

sorry for going off topic there I'll refrain from doing that again
  8. antihero.drako

antihero.drako Active Member

9. double b26

double b26 Well-Known Member

I use one that just says "tether", with a green Wi-Fi signal indicator for the icon. Works great.
  10. Styrisvps

Styrisvps Well-Known Member

My motorola droid has been rooted and I have the wireless tether app wireless_tether_2_0_pre3_eclair loaded. I can thether my laptop to the phone with an ad hoc connection. My computer shows that I am connected with good signal strength. However, I can not access the internet on my computer. Not sure why. Has anyone experienced this problem or know what I can do to get it working?
  11. briisback

briisback Member

OK so I upgraded from the prevail to the warp. My warp is rooted and superuser is fully updated. Now I installed Wi-Fi tether for root. My warp says WiFi tether is running. Now my prevails Wi-Fi does not recognize my warp. ???? How do I make my internet Wi-Fi from my warp to work on the prevail?
    Another thing, my neighbor has a LG Android from uscellular.(andher phone is way weaker than my warp. She don't even have flash support) She came over and hotspotted her phones internet to my old prevail and it worked. What's missing in my boost mobile warp so other Android phones can see my connection? Anyone have the same issue? Frustrated and need a answer
  12. benwalburn

benwalburn Well-Known Member

The Prevail does not detect ad hoc networks, which is what the Warp tethers with. Download ad hoc enabler from the market onto your Prevail and you should be able to detect your Warp's wifi

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  13. babololo12

babololo12 New Member

Just rooted my phone and wifi tether for rooted app is blocked by sprint any other good tether app? Im flashing phantom blazer rom
  14. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Theres barnacle but hey soon tethering might not work companies have picked up on it and they wont allow it