Best Word Processing App

Last Updated:

1. andoird213

andoird213 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Wondering what word processing apps y'all use and think is best. Please provide reasons!

2. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

ThinkFree because it came free with my LG phone. Does everything: Word, Excel, PDF. So far no problems. I have not used any of the other wordprocessing apps for Android.
    andoird213 likes this.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use "Quickoffice Pro". Meets all my needs.
  4. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

QuickOffice and Documents to Go are a couple of major names that go back many years. I used them back when I had a Palm Treo.I recall they both worked all right. However, back then I got frustrated with the hassle of having to sync up the documents with a desktop and stopped using them. (I had never heard of ThinkFree until I bought an Android phone).

Now, I use DropBox to store any documents, spreadsheets or pdf's which makes it very easy to access documents by either mobile or desktop.

PS. I believe all of these wordprocessing apps have a free trial version (view but cannot edit documents) to allow you get test out the look and feel before you buy. I have not bothered to test the others because they are all very large apps and take up alot of your internal storage. Plus I have no way of getting rid of ThinkFree unless I root.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I think of no word processing app as the best. Its depent of what I want to write.

DocsToGo can make foot notes but no headers or footers.
    Polaris Office can make headers and footers but no foot notes.

So you have to ask yourself what features of a word processor are important for you :)

andoird213 likes this.
  6. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

Too bad you haven't been checking the Amazon free app of the day. They have given away 3 professional office apps (word, excel, ect. on all three) in the last couple months that each costs $15. The latest one they gave away should be on sale for $5. I like Quickoffice Pro because it is the enhanced version of what came stock with my phone.
  7. andoird213

8. andoird213

I've been watching Amazon yes
  9. CliffV

CliffV Member

Office Suite Pro.

• Displays a Word doc so you never have to scroll left or right even if you zoom in.
    • Allows searching file names when trying to figure out document to open.
    • Instantaneously displays the list of word docs in a folder.
    I keep hundreds of word docs on my phone (HTC Sensation 4G). I never change them. I need to be able to find the document I want quickly.

Polaris office fails on each of the above points.