• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Word Processing App

QuickOffice and Documents to Go are a couple of major names that go back many years. I used them back when I had a Palm Treo.I recall they both worked all right. However, back then I got frustrated with the hassle of having to sync up the documents with a desktop and stopped using them. (I had never heard of ThinkFree until I bought an Android phone).

Now, I use DropBox to store any documents, spreadsheets or pdf's which makes it very easy to access documents by either mobile or desktop.

PS. I believe all of these wordprocessing apps have a free trial version (view but cannot edit documents) to allow you get test out the look and feel before you buy. I have not bothered to test the others because they are all very large apps and take up alot of your internal storage. Plus I have no way of getting rid of ThinkFree unless I root.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Wondering what word processing apps y'all use and think is best. Please provide reasons!

Thanks!

I think of no word processing app as the best. Its depent of what I want to write.

E.g.:
DocsToGo can make foot notes but no headers or footers.
Polaris Office can make headers and footers but no foot notes.

So you have to ask yourself what features of a word processor are important for you :)

Harry

Reactions: andoird213
Upvote 0
Too bad you haven't been checking the Amazon free app of the day. They have given away 3 professional office apps (word, excel, ect. on all three) in the last couple months that each costs $15. The latest one they gave away should be on sale for $5. I like Quickoffice Pro because it is the enhanced version of what came stock with my phone.

Upvote 0
Too bad you haven't been checking the Amazon free app of the day. They have given away 3 professional office apps (word, excel, ect. on all three) in the last couple months that each costs $15. The latest one they gave away should be on sale for $5. I like Quickoffice Pro because it is the enhanced version of what came stock with my phone.

I've been watching Amazon yes

Upvote 0
Office Suite Pro.

Pros:
  • Displays a Word doc so you never have to scroll left or right even if you zoom in.
  • Allows searching file names when trying to figure out document to open.
  • Instantaneously displays the list of word docs in a folder.
I keep hundreds of word docs on my phone (HTC Sensation 4G). I never change them. I need to be able to find the document I want quickly.

Polaris office fails on each of the above points.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones