BestBuy and Walmart selling early?

Last Updated:

1. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. CrunchSA

CrunchSA Member

I called the Best Buy that I pre-ordered from. They confirmed that, while they DO have the Droids in stock, they will not be available for sale until tomorrow.

:(

3. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Lucky SOBs... :mad:

4. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

I have to stop by there after work to get something for my wife, so I am going to ask.

5. Integgroll

Integgroll Member

Yeah those stores that sold them early are stupid. Stores that break street dates usually end up having to pay fines, as well as distributors typically delaying their shipments.

6. cybercruiser

cybercruiser Well-Known Member

Called my Best Buy, they are opening normal hours tomorrow and not selling droid until then.

Guess I'll hit Verizon 2 hours before BB opens.

7. Shawn^^

Shawn^^ Active Member

Best Buy just called to set-up my appointment. I am going to be the first one @ 10am tomorrow. While on the phone I asked if I could come in today to pick-up. She said they have them in, but company policy will not allow them to sell until 11/6. We waited this long, whats a few more hours. Pumped!

8. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

They called me and said they had it as well but wont sell it until tomorrow. I can't believe that a BB would sell them early though, the store would have to pay fines and I imagine the employee who sold it could be fired. Just to sell it early to a person you don't know. It makes no sense.

9. centax1

centax1 Active Member

Our BB opens at 10am but my appointment to get my phone is at 9:30am.

10. eL777

eL777 Well-Known Member

I can confirm this at my local walmart in Iowa. They had 3 in stock and were selling them TODAY. Problem is... they won't honor my upgrade because it is on my dad's phone and not mine.... ya, I was pissed. To buy it straight up costs $500 so I think I can wait until the morning, however, I did notice that if you do have the upgrade available on your line, it is $188 at walmart so it is cheaper than verizon and BB.

Another thing I'll mention is that I did get to play with a working (non-dummy) droid at my local VZW store. All I can say is ..WOW. Screen=amazing. I don't get all the hype about how the keyboard sucks. I am coming from a Samsung i760 which has nice spaced out keyboard and I don't see the big deal about the physical or soft keyboard on the droid. It is very usable in my opinion but I do have medium sized hands (not lumberjack hands) so I think it's usable. My only gripe was that when on the homescreen and you click the google search thing at the top and you want it in landscape mode to type, it is a no-go unless you open and use the physical keyboard. In the browswer however you can use the landscape soft keyboard just fine. Other than that, amazing. Can't wait until tomorrow!!

-eL

11. King James

King James Active Member

I called to BB around here, none are selling tonight

12. bluenik25

bluenik25 Well-Known Member

No go at my bb. They said they would be charged a $5,000 fine.
    Is full retail at Walmart just $500? BB told me $599. I would hate to pay more at BB if it is cheaper other places. I wen verion today and they still wouldn't tell me what they are chargeing for full retail.

Does BB price match?

13. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Bought mine at my local Walmart at like 4 oclock this after noon, been playing with it ever since.

14. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

That is interesting...I have talked to 3 Verizon employees and 2 Best Buy employees. They all said no problem to use someone elses upgrade, but they mentioned it is a lot easier if you have the phone that has the upgrade with you (not a problem in my case)...

15. headcase

headcase Active Member

Picked one up at my local Walmart -- they had 3 in stock, and the demo dummy unit set up with SKU info, price, etc. The reps new nothing about not selling until Friday, so 30 minutes later I was walking out of there with a new Droid.

Screen is drop dead gorgeous. Coming from a Hero, this thing is blazing fast. I'm going to give it the full 30 days to see if this is a keeper -- I might have to see how the HTC Passion looks if it comes out before the month is up.

Certainly a nice time to be shopping for a new smartphone -- choices galore!

16. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

so you dont have to pay the 299 at walmart if you have an upgrade available? it would be 188?