• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bestbuy ROCKS trading in my Hero for a EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont care when you renewed your contract, they just want to sell phones and the contract rules dont seem to apply to them. I made them check my cell number to be sure because Sprint wont do anything until you are 1 month to the end of the date.

But the EVO won't be out for what, 3 weeks? Do you have it in writing that BB will do this for you when it is actualy available to be purchased? Just skeptical.

Upvote 0
How can you be sure that you will be able to get the EVO for $199? I just got my Hero in February and it sounds too good to be true to only pay $80-90 for the EVO only 4 months into my contract. I love my Hero don't get me wrong, but I want that snapdragon processor....and stock 2.1...

Like I said, bestbuy rocks!

Check it your self, goto best buy website and start a customer service chat session and tell them you want to know your price for an EVO. They will ask for your primary cell number on your sprint account and your zip code then tell you if you are upgrade eligible. If you are a brand new sprint customer then probably not, but I had a contract for 2 years and just extended my contract for an additional 2 years and bought 3 Heros from Bestbuy on April 11 2010. They want your money and they want contracts through them and not through sprint direct.

Sprint told me when I went to the sprint store to go to best buy for a better deal than they could give me when I bought the heros

Upvote 0
Is this legit though? Will Sprint honor the switching of the phones on an account that isn't yet up for upgrade? If so, that's pretty key!!

I definitely wasn't planning on getting an Evo until my upgrade was eligible, but if this is real, why the hell not!!

I think I'll be waiting a week or two minimum after launch to get hands on reviews and bug reports though.

Upvote 0
Is this legit though? Will Sprint honor the switching of the phones on an account that isn't yet up for upgrade? If so, that's pretty key!!

I definitely wasn't planning on getting an Evo until my upgrade was eligible, but if this is real, why the hell not!!

I think I'll be waiting a week or two minimum after launch to get hands on reviews and bug reports though.
Lets put it this way, I upgraded my 3 samsung instincts on April 11th 2010 at bestbuy to 3 HTC heros 4 months before my contract was done. And that was my first 2 year contract.

Sprint has no choice in the matter or they risk losing best buy as a sales point. The majority of people dont know what back room deals bestbuy does to get the insane prices and services they offer. I mean to offer me the $113 trade in value for a phone I only paid $99 for is insane, and thats why they are bestbuy.

Upvote 0
Lets put it this way, I upgraded my 3 samsung instincts on April 11th 2010 at bestbuy to 3 HTC heros 4 months before my contract was done. And that was my first 2 year contract.

Sprint has no choice in the matter or they risk losing best buy as a sales point. The majority of people dont know what back room deals bestbuy does to get the insane prices and services they offer. I mean to offer me the $113 trade in value for a phone I only paid $99 for is insane, and thats why they are bestbuy.

Holy crap! If I can get the Evo for $199 despite not being eligible for an upgrade, I'm gettin' me an Evo! I may even talk the wife into it too because she can apparently get $188 for her TP2!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones