2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

my camera works, but not camcorder
  3. VoidedSaint

yeah i just done the same lol strange
  4. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

that's pretty big news, I might actually try running this if that's working (not sarcasm, BTW)
  5. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

exactly...im BEYOND excited for what CM is going to bring to the X...it should make our phones run and perform better than they ever have...

I will 100% be installing this ROM on my phone when it is just a little more feature complete...im also confident that this will slide nicely right up there with ApeX 1.4.1 as THE BEST custom ROM for the Droid X..

but for me to take the time to install it ive got to have the basic functions of the phone operational...buggy is fine...but they need to work in some way for me to take the plunge...and by basic functions in the case of the DX im talking...

-make phone calls
    -send/receive SMS/MMS
    -3G data connection
    -WiFi data connection
    -GPS functionality
    -Camera/Camcorder
    -basic compatibility with Google's apps (Gmail, Maps, Navigation, etc)

im supremely confident that everything we have come to expect from our DX and more will be accomplished by the time this ROM becomes more and more polished and ready for its full release...
  6. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you. I thought it was only for installing roms and didnt want to mess up anything like that. Gonna give it a shot then.

Think it's just the theme. Got me confused as well since I had GB before.

@Met: Definitely, I feel ya man. It's only a matter of time till everything gets worked out though, so you won't have to hold off too long hehe.
  7. Metfanant

and then you and me get to work on that GingerBarf theme for CM7 :p ;) :D

well crap...the camera is the most important of the two...pushing me closer and closer...

now ill ask it before anyone else does....does the the camera resolution stay put after a reboot, or the camera being flushed from memory? lol....also decent idea on the third party camera...someone might want to check that out...

as for the data connection...if im correct...the changing color does not mean that you don't have a data connection...i know for a fact ive used data on GingerBlur when my icons (both 3G and Wifi) were white...i believe the color change comes from a complete connection to GOOGLE'S servers...

its possible that you have data (so you see the icons)...but are not getting a connection to Google's servers...its not turning green...
  8. Bugly

haha, gonna go AOSP so you can make it look like big red's bloatware....
  9. Metfanant

shut up! lol...i want the speed and performance of AOSP...i just want it with a different coat of paint...

i don't actually USE any of the blur lol...i just like the look of it...
  10. VoidedSaint

well it looks as if i was wrong, the camera opens, the camera button doesnt work, you have to use the touchscreen button, it snaps the photo, but doesnt save the picture.

so thats how its not working.

which kinda sux
    hopefully he can find a fix for all the bugs soon, i am really impressed with him and all the hard work and dedication he has done for the android community
  11. Bugly

agreed, it is a gigantic leap forward, even without the camera working, but I take too many pictures to not have it functional.
  12. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Well-Known Member

Amazing! Gonna hold off until the weekend though I can hardly wait!
  13. Metfanant

14. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Camera button is working for me. I just have to hold it an extra second longer than normal. But yeah, it not saving the picture is the same problem I'm having.
  15. txeris

txeris Well-Known Member

just booted it up. gotta go to bed now though. latest tweet: @P3Droid just got me his all-in-one installer. Testing and then i'll amend the release thread :)

at least now I know how to sbf :)
  16. Bugly

@metfanant: dammit, that looks awesome, but I gotta have a camera that works. Keep us updated on how the performance is, would ya?
  17. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

I'm really bummed about the camera not working. I don't use mine a WHOLE lot, but I'm just picturing now a situation where I'm gonna be like "OOOH NEED PICTURE" and then my face will go :( .

Still gonna flash CM7, though. And if one of these situations comes up, I'll flash back. :p
  18. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Waiting for the P3droid zip now. Only because I'm lazy
  19. Bugly

apparently, you can switch between FroYo ROMs when you have CM7 installed, so you should be able to run a "fave" FroYo ROM in such a case and if you're in a situation where you might need a camera, you could swap over.
    Seems to be too much work for me, I'll wait till they get the cam working
  20. Bugly

I see a "lazy" theme developing, here.... (myself included, of course...)
  21. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

Lol I was perfectly cool with SBFing. Had my phone set-up and everything, and then that tweet about the one-in-all .zip came. I don't think that's being lazy, it's just saving yourself unnecessary work. :p
  22. Rockaholic

Rockaholic Well-Known Member

Exactly. And n less steps=less chances of goofing up
  23. Metfanant

some of you guys have some more experience then me...how does the theme building work with CM??...it seems a little different than normal...is the only difference that they are installed as .apk's instead of .zip's??
  24. Xeneize480

Xeneize480 Well-Known Member

Unless you are willing to play around and get some bugs then download it please otherwise stay away until final release..... =) that's just my thought!!